Big little books

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
Anyone remember these?

They had "flip-it" cartoons in the top right corner.

No clue why I thought of that but I loved laying in my dads lap and reading these to him then showing him the cartoon as I flipped the pages.

That man had about as much patience as a cheap firecracker fuse but at other times when I think about things like this he was the most patient gentle man ever born.

sigh.................

DaveB

DaveB

Got something like this for Christmas one year. This is when my Dad realized I needed glasses.

cbhunter

cbhunter

Supporter
RUGER":nh8z5g9o said:
That man had about as much patience as a cheap firecracker fuse but at other times when I think about things like this he was the most patient gentle man ever born.

sigh.................

I admit that I lack patience when it comes to my kids at times. I love them and I hope they see the good in me like you did your dad despite being impatient at times. lol

I'm good to them, I just don't have enough patience sometimes.

B

blondebear

not only do i remember them, i still have them. not only do i have mine, but i have my fathers. boxes and boxes of them. i know theres over a hundred for sure and maybe pushing 200. keep threatening to one day to build something like shadow boxes to display them on the wall. i think dads were from the 30's and 40's. years ago did some quick research and he had some of the earliest printed.

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
blondebear":2yi1nqhw said:
not only do i remember them, i still have them. not only do i have mine, but i have my fathers. boxes and boxes of them. i know theres over a hundred for sure and maybe pushing 200. keep threatening to one day to build something like shadow boxes to display them on the wall. i think dads were from the 30's and 40's. years ago did some quick research and he had some of the earliest printed.

Very cool man.