Big 8 pnt

TENN.BOY

Score this 8 pnt, had this buck walk up to me at 35yds while i was trying to hang my stand one evening

Shed Hunter

Re: Big 8 Pt

Thats a 140s (probably mid to high 140s) deer.. Andy's guess would not surprise me either. I would be amazed if it went less that 140.. 130, now thats pretty much ridiculous.

He looks like what I hope the next year version of my young high 130s 8 point.. in fact he looks an awful lot like him with just a bit bigger frame!
WGI_0135_zps7599ba39.jpg

WGI_0122_zpsa8fbfcbb.jpg

TN RDG RNR

Master Chief said:
130, now thats pretty much ridiculous.

Yeah, Im not that great at aging or scoring. :grin: Some pics are tricky though. Especially pics where the rack is the closest part of the deer to the camera it can make the rack seem way bigger than it really is. Nice buck regaurdless.

Notice how much bigger the left side looks that the right. I scored the right side and douobled it.

Id guess the buck you posted in the high 120s. Hope you can put a tape on him this season and let us know for sure, :)

Shed Hunter

TN RDG RNR said:
Yeah, Im not that great at aging or scoring. :grin: Some pics are tricky though. Especially pics where the rack is the closest part of the deer to the camera it can make the rack seem way bigger than it really is. Nice buck regaurdless.

Most pics are tricky! Ive had guesses between 115 and 150 on the 8 I posted. Both 115 and 150 are pretty out there for that deer.. anything is possible but not likely. Age is easier than score to me because prospective really doesnt have much to do with it.

Latest posts