Beyond Chicken at KFC?

P

PalsPal

I just don't understand what marketing genius who persuaded them to give this the go-ahead.

I went through the drive-thru earlier to get a couple of chicken littles. When I was paying, I asked the young girl to be honest with me and tell me how it tasted. She looked at me all dead serious, and said, "I wouldn't try it. It smells horrible!"

I thanked her for her honesty :D !

iowavf

iowavf

Kind of like the non meat whopper, asked a couple who tried them and said all thy tasted was te condiments they put on the sandwich.

TNRifleman

TNRifleman

826ABBAA BDF5 444A 9742 9260463EC20F

backyardtndeer

backyardtndeer

Saw a commercial for this recently and just had to shake my head. I won't be eating KFC.

WTM

WTM

Supporter
the kfc in paris looked a bomb went off knside it the last time i went in.

younggun308

younggun308

I always ask myself “who is the customer base for this product”?!

Go to a big city. Try finding a KFC downtown…who are these suburban vegans just waiting for the Colonel or the King to offer them fake meat?
The young urban professionals and young urban poor who alike sneer at Cheesecake Factory and fast food because it’s not sleek enough to give them the tingly feeling they’re living a sustainable, minimalist life surely aren’t.

MUP

MUP

Supporter
I'd love to see a vegan joint come out with fake vegan burgers, real meat. Same concept, but just triggers liberals more.

sgtwebb1

sgtwebb1

Supporter
The Great Reset, Green New Deal, global warming nutjob wackos all want you and me to stop eating meat. Period.

Many of the new age left wing political ideologies involve forcing us to stop eating meat and start eating plant protein.
OR "lab-grown" meat.

Get ready for that one also.

MUP

MUP

Supporter
I saw a segment on the news this evening that said meat prices were at an all time high bc of 4 meat companies held 85% of the market and that was the only choice Americans had, and that there was no competition to keep prices in check. My first thought was hello, what about our local cattlemen who raise beef for all the rest of us that choose not to buy meat from Walmart and other retailers?

backyardtndeer

backyardtndeer

I saw a segment on the news this evening that said meat prices were at an all time high bc of 4 meat companies held 85% of the market and that was the only choice Americans had, and that there was no competition to keep prices in check. My first thought was hello, what about our local cattlemen who raise beef for all the rest of us that choose not to buy meat from Walmart and other retailers?
Fake news, biden tried peddling the same bs. It has everything to do with inflation. Meat prices are not excluded from inflation. I went to Walmart yesterday, the fudge rounds in the big pack I buy for my kids went from $3.68 the last time I bought them to $4.48. Pop tarts in the 16 count box went from $3.68 to $4.14. Milk was over $5 a gallon. Eggs were $3 for 18, I was paying $1.50 for the same eggs before covid.

Simple economics, cost of fuel has doubled, that means transportation of goods and in many cases costs of production are impacted. Wages have been forced higher for a couple reasons.

But yeah, it is no secret bill gates and the green new deal nutjobs wants to get rid beef. Convenient for them to try to pass off the blame and accept no responsibility, just like they do with everything else.

M

Mattt

Yup. I know there’s at least 3 of us on here that produce custom beef. We could probably supply the whole board with delicious grass fed cheaper than they are buying it for.

S

smalljawbasser

Supporter
Everytime a rancher goes bankrupt a fat cat buys his land up.

R

recurve60#

Yep. I just put up a beef a couple weeks ago. Screw the stores.

E

eddie c

Do vegans even go into restaurants that serve meat? Seems like the sales for tofu would be so low percentage wise it wouldn't be profitable.

Safari Hunt

Safari Hunt

I read reviews on the fake chicken and it was overwhelming as horrible. I can't understand why anyone would say they don't eat meat but eat fake meat. If it doesn't oink, moo, cluck or swim, I don't eat it.

MUP

MUP

Supporter
I read reviews on the fake chicken and it was overwhelming as horrible. I can't understand why anyone would say they don't eat meat but eat fake meat. If it doesn't oink, moo, cluck or swim, I don't eat it.
Exactly. If you're so down on meat, then stop trying to imitate it. 😊