BestMemphisBurger.com

Andy S.

My wife and I love some Off The Hoof burgers in Arlington. She oftentimes orders the Buffalo burger and I usually get the Kobe or Black Angus burger. Good food and free drinks if you bring back the plastic 24 ounce cup they give you with each order. We have several of the cups at the house, but always seem to forget them. :)

http://offthehoofburgers.com/

TAFKAP

OK then....I might have to head that way soon.

I had a bison burger from Fuel Cafe today for lunch. It wasn't a religious experience, but I liked the food. It was as good as a burger from Trolley Stop, without the pretentious douchebaggery involved with TSM, and they serve a salad or (really good) fries with the burger....not Baked Lays.

TJS209

Off The Hoof is really good. Not cheap but dang good. On Friday's The Butcher Shop on Gtown Parkway does burgers and those are real good too.

Bigg E

We went to Off The Hoof Saturday evening. I had the same burger in the linked review and it was a very good burger but not sure it was the best I ever had. That was the first time I had been there but it won't be the last. The Butcher shop burgers on Fridays are very good too if you can find a table.

BamaProud

Wife and I hit Off The Hoof Burger for lunch Thursday. I got the Buffalo Bread, Kobe Burger(with provolone and sauteed onions) and regular fries. She got the 4oz Burger(white cheddar) and battered fries. Both burgers were good (say 8 on a 1-10 scale), the battered fries were really good, borderline addictive. Good small town, comfortable atmosphere. Staff was prompt service was fast enough. If it was in my neighborhood I am sure it would become a regular stop for me, but I don't see us making it to Arlington regularly just for a burger.

I have to ask though, what is "American Style" Kobe Beef? Is that like Tennessee style German Beer?

TAFKAP

I believe "American" Kobe is breeding Japanese cows in the US. But because of the difference in feeding, climate, and roaming characteristics of the cattle, American Kobe doesn't develop the same marbling as Japanese. The true, $100/lb Japanese Kobe is hand fed, supplemented with Sake, and massaged often.

Latest posts