Best Week of TN Archery Season

UTGrad

I've given this some thought this week. Archery season is pretty long in Tennessee and I have come to the conclusion this week is the best week of the archery season. I sat on stand yesterday afternoon and saw plenty of action, the leaves were multiple colors, it was cold with a steady north wind and overcast. It felt like deer season should be.

What do you all think is the best week of the archery season? Some good bucks are killed early but I am starting to really like the tail end of the season. The last week it's close to rut, much cooler, no bugs and anything can happen.

catman529

Tough one... this week is definitely best for pre-rut buck movement in this part of the state. But the first week can be really good for bucks on a feeding pattern, and I really like mid-October when white oaks are dropping as well.

Lost Lake

I love the last two weeks of October. The leaves are turning usually, and the blustery cold fronts haven't started yet.

White oaks are gold during that time. Unfortunately I missed hunting October except for one afternoon.

Latest posts