Best Website to book Flights

Andy S.

Andy S.

I've been out of the commercial flying business for several years, so was wondering what your preferred website is to book commercial flights these days? Back in the day, I used Orbitz, Expedia and Kayak a good bit.

What say you?

I'll be leaving Memphis and flying into one of the following, in this order of preference:

1. Richmond, VA (RIC)

2. Reagan National (DCA)

3. Baltimore-Washington (BWI)

Thanks in advance for your help!

L

leader

I use Orbitz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lungpuncher1

lungpuncher1

Andy S.":3qgmsrlc said:
I've been out of the commercial flying business for several years, so was wondering what your preferred website is to book commercial flights these days? Back in the day, I used Orbitz, Expedia and Kayak a good bit.

What say you?

I'll be leaving Memphis and flying into one of the following, in this order of preference:

1. Richmond, VA (RIC)

2. Reagan National (DCA)

3. Baltimore-Washington (BWI)

Thanks in advance for your help!
Use Google and set up a flight price tracker if you have time. And be ready to purchase when you get a low price alert.

Other than that i go right to the airliners and ask for the best rate. Crazy sounding but its worked for us and we fly frequently.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

DaveB

DaveB

I would go direct to the major airlines and see what they offer. Check with kayak or orbitz to confirm, then book with the airline that best suits your schedule and pocketbook.

All of my flying is on a schedule. I have to be in location X NLT a certain date/time and there are no exceptions. So I studied the airlines and went through numerous attempts to get flights that got me to my destination on time AND consumed as little of MY time as possible.

All of the services proved of little value. I went straight to the airline that had the best schedule. i won't trade 8 hours of layover time for a cheaper fare unless I am being saved way more than $100.00.

Best of luck.

L

ldsjimk

Andy,
My daughter lives in DC and we always take one of the American Airlines flights. They run four a day and they are direct into DCA (Reagan). Usually the price is a few bucks less if you book straight from the American site.

Andy S.

Andy S.

lungpuncher1":2rg4h1kh said:
Use Google and set up a flight price tracker if you have time. And be ready to purchase when you get a low price alert.
Thanks!

lungpuncher1":2rg4h1kh said:
Other than that i go right to the airliners and ask for the best rate. Crazy sounding but its worked for us and we fly frequently.
How do you "ask" for the best rate? Phone? online?

Andy S.

Andy S.

ldsjimk":26bxe1wc said:
Andy,
My daughter lives in DC and we always take one of the American Airlines flights. They run four a day and they are direct into DCA (Reagan). Usually the price is a few bucks less if you book straight from the American site.
Thanks, for the 3 of us plus one lap sitter was $1400.

prstide":26bxe1wc said:
Southwest.com
For my family of 4, it was right at $900 into BWI.

Thanks everyone, I am going to continue researching this and pull the trigger in the next week or so. Travel dates are in May if that makes a difference.

lungpuncher1

lungpuncher1

Andy S.":20hz8rcq said:
lungpuncher1":20hz8rcq said:
Thanks!

lungpuncher1":20hz8rcq said:
How do you "ask" for the best rate? Phone? online?
I just call. Sometimes it's a bust. Sometimes not.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk