Best trail cam under $150?

Bushape

Needing to buy several so the cheaper the better but don't want to waste my money on junk either.

Antler Daddy

Somebody posted Browning dark ops for like 99. Add one of those spypoint cellular sending gizmos for $40 and get 100 free pics a month, I think.

From what I have seen from tactacams, those are great if you can find one and assuming decent battery life.

Pioneer1789

I've had pretty good luck with Covert cameras. Never tried their cell cams, but they're over $150 anyway.

DeerCamp

Been pretty happy with these so far. Even the non-HD pictures it transmits are very clear. You can always request the HD version through the App.

As much as I hate to say it, AVOID Spypoints. Good customer service, terribly unreliable cameras.

I bought 4, and counting warranty replacements, I've owned 9 🤪

Shanman

Been pretty happy with these so far. Even the non-HD pictures it transmits are very clear. You can always request the HD version through the App.

As much as I hate to say it, AVOID Spypoints. Good customer service, terribly unreliable cameras.

I bought 4, and counting warranty replacements, I've owned 9 🤪

I just picked up one of Spypoint's Cell Links last month, couldn't find any more Tactacams available. Put it on one of my Coverts and quickly decided I'll not purchase another one, several friends keep having issues with their's. Mine works but half the time the pics are white washed or to dark, that Covert takes great pics too. So I have to agree with DeerCamp.

TheLBLman

You'll likely have pretty good "luck" with most any brand you choose today.
I believe the best overall value for me is with the Brownings.

Up front cost is only a part of the "cost" equation.

Some cams have much, much longer battery life than others,
and also can be much more "responsive" (not failing to get pics when game runs across fast).

"Cheaper" (up front) is always for a reason.

Mb423

Another no Spypoint vote from me. I have 4, another that has been swapped for a warranty job and one that was brand new that I need to warranty but haven't had an extra 45 minutes to wait on hold to talk to a rep.

Of the 5 I have used only 1 works consistently, the others are either hit or miss or just total junk. Their customer service reps are good if you can get ahold of them, but not worth the wait.

I haven't had any issues from my Muddy cell cam.

tree_ghost

I own a bunch of different cameras. My favorites are the brownings with Tactacam in a very close second place. Leave the spypoints on the shelf unless you want to put it in a location where you can retrieve it easily because you will have issues that need to be troubleshot

Latest posts