Best summer buck (so far)

tanasirivertea

So to anyone following this thread: 1. I realize just now its supposed to be labeled "2022" not 2020. I still can't accept that its August 2022 haha. 2. Our home sets on 6 acres of old cow pasture land. I have neighbors on one side thats close enough to shout to and some neighbors behind that are just out of shout's reach. Both households are anti-deer hunting the property because they like to see the deer. Yet both are ok with hunting and eating wild game in general just NIMBY. I too like watching the deer but I've also never bagged a buck that would measure over 130". I decided not to push it with either households cause they're nice. But just wondered what opinion yall have? Would you even want to hunt him? If so, what's your approach to the neighbors? Thanks fellers.

UCStandSitter

So to anyone following this thread: 1. I realize just now its supposed to be labeled "2022" not 2020. I still can't accept that its August 2022 haha. 2. Our home sets on 6 acres of old cow pasture land. I have neighbors on one side thats close enough to shout to and some neighbors behind that are just out of shout's reach. Both households are anti-deer hunting the property because they like to see the deer. Yet both are ok with hunting and eating wild game in general just NIMBY. I too like watching the deer but I've also never bagged a buck that would measure over 130". I decided not to push it with either households cause they're nice. But just wondered what opinion yall have? Would you even want to hunt him? If so, what's your approach to the neighbors? Thanks fellers.
Your land? I'd drop him. Lil jerky will smooth things over with the neighbors and if not, that's one less neighbor you have to talk to which is a bonus in my book.

RockMcL

Are you a bow hunter?
Sometimes people don't allow hunting because of justified fear of poor shot management. I have larger properties but only allow family to hunt because both my house and a house of a neighbor have been struck by bullets from the "hunt club" between us.
Point being that the real objection may not be spoken...

If you can hunt it, go for it, but be willing to pass shots that are not 100% safe and pass marginal shots (wounded deer running around neighborhood).
Just my thoughts...
Good luck

Latest posts