Best Steak Knives

Spurhunter

What's the best dishwasher safe steak knives for the money? I have a set of 4 that I love but they are not dishwasher safe and I'm sick of hand washing them. I don't mind spending money for quality. I'm a buy once, cry once kind of consumer. Thanks for your input!

Spurhunter

Sorry i was digging through the freezer looking for my porterhouse steak we just vaccum sealed . This post has my mouth waterin lol . Whats your method
Marinate a couple hours in A1 Marinade, cook over charcoal and apple wood. 3 minutes a side on direct heat then move away from fire until ready. I use a instant read meat thermometer to cook to order. The purists will say you never marinate a steak and you don't use wood for smoke, but I say variety is the spice of life. Try it and let me know.

TAFKAP

What's the best dishwasher safe steak knives for the money? I have a set of 4 that I love but they are not dishwasher safe and I'm sick of hand washing them. I don't mind spending money for quality. I'm a buy once, cry once kind of consumer. Thanks for your input!

Good expensive ones aren't likely to be dishwashwer safe.

PalsPal

No first-hand experience, but some people REALLY like Cutco knives. I have bought and sold several on eBay. I know they do have a lifetime warranty.

Anyway, I checked their website about the dishwasher, and found this:

Keep Them Clean
Dishwater vs. dishwasher? While much high-quality cutlery (like CUTCO knives) are dishwasher-safe, it's recommend you hand-wash your knives and dry them right away to keep them looking great.

• Don't let your knives soak in the dishwater too long. The mineral content in some areas could stain the blades.
  • If you use your dishwasher, we recommend you avoid using powdered detergent. Try liquid, gel or tablet detergent. Also make sure your detergent either contains a rinse agent or you add one to dispenser in your dishwasher.

jb3

It would be cool to have a set of custom made steak knives (boothill blades), but our cheap ones from wally world cut through steak just fine.

WTM

i buy cheaper but sharp steak knives and hand wash them. unless youre like Ruger and use paper plates, youre going to dull the piss out of them anyway. i typically resharpen them quite often.

Spurhunter

It would be cool to have a set of custom made steak knives (boothill blades), but our cheap ones from wally world cut through steak just fine.
I have some cheap ones with plastic handles that cut just fine and are dishwasher safe. I should probably just buy more of them. But there's something to be said for a nice well made stainless steel knife that feels right in your hand.

Wolverine72

Marinate a couple hours in A1 Marinade, cook over charcoal and apple wood. 3 minutes a side on direct heat then move away from fire until ready. I use a instant read meat thermometer to cook to order. The purists will say you never marinate a steak and you don't use wood for smoke, but I say variety is the spice of life. Try it and let me know.
If you've not tried sous vide method you are seriously missing out. 4 hours at 125 then sear to your liking on a grill, SS, or cast iron. Never had more tender juicy steak / venison / lamb chops (at 130). Edge to edge medium rare. Melt in your freaking mouth. Cuts with a dull fork.
Call me what you want for sous vide, but you'll thank me later.

Laserman1

Dishwashers and good knifes don't mix. A dishwasher will mess up a good knife and like others have said, most good knifes say " hand wash". If your eating so much steak that hand washing them is wearing you out, with the price of steak, you can afford to just throw them away each time after using without washing them.

Last edited: