Best socks for Muck Boots

Copes

I purchased a pair of Artic Pro muck boots. And my feet still have a tendency to get cold. It's either one of two things . I purchased the wrong size boots ( I wear an 11 work boot , bought an 11 in the mucks ) or I'm wearing the wrong socks and my feet sweat and the socks hold it and keep my feet damp. What socks are y'all wearing with these boots.

RobDooley

I have those same boots. With me, it doesn't which boots, liners, or socks I wear. My feet sweat regardless. Sneakers, house shoes or just socks, sweat! Your right, and I have done it. Take another pair of socks with towel and dry feet and change at stand.

Gravey

I have the woody max and wear merino wool socks. I did buy some alpaca wool socks this year and wore them with uninsulated Danner pronghorns then added boot covers once in the stand. Feet weren't toasty warm but didn't freeze either. Haven't used them with the woody max but think they'd help.

Sasquatch Boogie Outdoors

Darn Tough and throw liner socks under em. The price for Darn Tough socks is insane but once you buy one pair you WILL buy more
And the lifetime warranty is 100% legit. Not one issue when my 3 pair started showing signs of tearing ( 4 years later). Shipped em back and ordered more!!! I'll never buy another brand

Ridgeline300

When my last pair of mucks wore out I went with lacrosse that just simply say 800grams insulation. I never liked the mucks for cold weather, I tried everything and my feet always froze. I got a pair of artic shields to put over them and that's the only way I could tough it out. The thin layer socks with merino wool over helped but still got cold. Had the lacrosse 2 seasons now and my feet don't get cold now. I will say this though, I think the mucks last longer and are tougher but not warmer by a long shot. I like the way the lacrosse feel better also, more comfortable.

swd

Buy size 12 Mucks and get some lamolite socks from Wiggys! Darn Tough or Kenetreks are also the bomb.

AT Hiker

Those boots definitely are warm! Save them for special occasions.
I wear a thin liner sock inside wool socks. Helps with the wicking.
This is what I would try.
Find a decent quality silk liner sock then over top of that a merino wool sock. Moisture management and smell should all be minimal.

I use first lite socks (you can get different weights), just always have. I now have some minus 33 that I use as a daily sock that I like. I have heard some good stuff about Darn Tough brand.

UCStandSitter

This is what I would try.
Find a decent quality silk liner sock then over top of that a merino wool sock. Moisture management and smell should all be minimal.

I use first lite socks (you can get different weights), just always have. I now have some minus 33 that I use as a daily sock that I like. I have heard some good stuff about Darn Tough brand.
They are the best man. First time I got a pair a buddy kept bugging me till I bought em. Seemed insane to pay that much for socks. Now I have several pair and always give them as gifts to other fellas I have to buy for at Christmas and bdays.

bluball

I purchased a pair of Artic Pro muck boots. And my feet still have a tendency to get cold. It's either one of two things . I purchased the wrong size boots ( I wear an 11 work boot , bought an 11 in the mucks ) or I'm wearing the wrong socks and my feet sweat and the socks hold it and keep my feet damp. What socks are y'all wearing with these boots.
If i put mine on in the truck then ride to my hunting spot my feet will freeze.If i put them on when i get out of the truck at my hunting spot they usually stay warm.Think my feet sweat when i wear them in my truck on the wsy to my hunting spot.I also try to put mine on a boot dryer every evening when i get in.

dsa5455

Don't use my Muck boots much anymore but when I did Marina wool seemed to work for me. Sometimes I used a liner as well but mostly just the socks. Seems I recall buying the boots a size bigger also. If it was going to be a super cold day I took my Arctic Shield covers with me.

Latest posts