Best set up for fox in the hen house

'borohunter

Have a fox that has gotten into the hen house. Didn't get into the house by digging but apparently by jumping over the fencing. I'f prefer to keep traps out of the way of the hens just in case. Any suggestions on best set up and/or bait to set up about 20 yards from the hen house in an overgrown fence row?

CATCHDAWG

If it's a overgrown fence row it's coming through, it should be pretty easy to see where it's doing it. Perfect snare set. If there are dogs or cats though, a snare would be a BAD idea. Otherwise, that's what I would do.

'borohunter

Too many neighbors dogs/cats that could be caught on it. Wondering if there's a bait/setup that might entice a fox rather than live chickens - so live chickens brings him in but is there something out there that might actually peak his interest over the chickens...

Shanman

Now that he's figured out how to access a food source, he will probably visit your property more often. Personally I would try calling him in, just short sessions early and late should eventually get him to show. Secondly, get a couple of larger cage traps and use jack mackerel in them. Keep the cages operating 365 a year to prevent future problems. Fwiw

timberjack86

Now that he's figured out how to access a food source, he will probably visit your property more often. Personally I would try calling him in, just short sessions early and late should eventually get him to show. Secondly, get a couple of larger cage traps and use jack mackerel in them. Keep the cages operating 365 a year to prevent future problems. Fwiw
Can you get a fox into a cage trap?

Latest posts