Best scope under $300?

Snowwolfe

Kimber45":1zd1xliq said:
Snowwolfe":1zd1xliq said:
That would depend on what you needed it for. Long range? Woods hunting? Bolt action? 30-30 lever action? What size objective? What power range?

Long range.., but it'll see woods as well.. 4-12 or 4-16 preferred. Prefer to stay at 42 max objective.

Recently I purchased two Weaver Grand Slams, 4x16x42. The quality of the glass is superb and they are not very big. They were on sale at Natchez. The bummer was I had to get the scopes shipped to my brother in PA and then picked them up when I was visiting. I am not much of a scope snob but these scopes just blew my mind. They also have AO's. Best of all they cost $279 each.

Kimber45

MUP":3hpn3d87 said:
Buddy I've got a Nikon 4x12x40 on my 300WSM and it's holding good out at 500 yds. I have yet to try it any farther tho.

I actually have a mil dot 4-12x40 Nikon I'd forgot about. I may try it, but I'd like to get a new one too for the custom 700 6.5 creedmoor I just bought.

Kimber45

Snowwolfe":28j5uw3a said:
Kimber45":28j5uw3a said:
Snowwolfe":28j5uw3a said:
That would depend on what you needed it for. Long range? Woods hunting? Bolt action? 30-30 lever action? What size objective? What power range?

Long range.., but it'll see woods as well.. 4-12 or 4-16 preferred. Prefer to stay at 42 max objective.

Recently I purchased two Weaver Grand Slams, 4x16x42. The quality of the glass is superb and they are not very big. They were on sale at Natchez. The bummer was I had to get the scopes shipped to my brother in PA and then picked them up when I was visiting. I am not much of a scope snob but these scopes just blew my mind. They also have AO's. Best of all they cost $279 each.

I've heard they are great glass for sure. Wish Natchez shipped in TN.. They always have scope deals

Latest posts