Best Scales to Weigh both Deer and Turkeys

FULLDRAWXX75

That all depends on whether you are hunting really big turkeys or very small deer............................

Most scales for deer don't even start until @ 50lbs or more. You can buy a good fish scale that would cover most turkeys, they are small and very packable.

FDXX75

buckhunter42

i use a fish scale to weigh turkeys , think repala makes it ...wal mart sales them...keep it in boat during fishing season and in truck during hunting season....

catman529

I don't yet have a deer scale but I do have a Berkley digital scale that is perfect for birds as well as fish. Since I butcher my own deer I might buy one of those spring scales for deer before next deer season. I don't know of any scales that will work for both deer and turkeys.

FULLDRAWXX75

Jarred525 said:
Thanks, will do seperate scales for turkey and deer. Anybody have input on a good set of deer scales?

I have had this set of scales for over 20 yrs now, accurate and simple.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas- ... l+Products

FDXX75

PS: I would not recommend leaving your deer hang from the scale for long periods of time, it could have a negative effect on the accuracy of the scales over time.

Tennessee Lead

catman529 said:
I don't yet have a deer scale but I do have a Berkley digital scale that is perfect for birds as well as fish. Since I butcher my own deer I might buy one of those spring scales for deer before next deer season. I don't know of any scales that will work for both deer and turkeys.

I have a moultree digital scale for both

Latest posts