Best non-pcp air rifle?

TN Song Dog

Thinking either .177 or .22 mostly for back yard plinking.
Open to pump up or break barrel style. Dont want to buy the pcp pump and tanks equipment. Priorities are 50yd(+) accuracy, consistency, and an excellent light/crisp trigger without a ton of takeup/creep. Would like to be in the $250 and under budget, and am willing to buy premium pellets and a proper airgun scope. Those in the know, what would be some good options. Looking for advise from those who have owned/shot a lot of different air guns.

Rollo

Diana, as far as I know. I had a Diana model 48 .22 and you could stack a pattern in a quarter @ 40 yards, and capable of further, but you have to know how to shoot big springers. But more than your budget (around $4-500). Sweet trigger though. Or look into the nitro cartridge break barrels. Gamo had some decent shooting break barrels but the components felt kind of cheap and the triggers weren't that great. You can do some research and buy aftermarket triggers for some of those guns. I'm all PCP now but if I were going back to piston or springers, I'd look at RWS/Diana....

TNlandowner

After watching a lot of online videos, I went with a Gamo. Afterwards, I regret buying my son the Gamo Swarm Maxxim 10X Gen 2 in 22 cal. Poor quality throughout equals shooting disappointment. These air rifles are priced way too high for the poor quality.

Steverino

I have a Beeman R9 I can part with. It is a German made adult air rifle. Break open and extremely accurate .177. I have the target match grade pellets for it and also comes with a Bushnell Banner Scope. It has only been used one season of pest control and couple other times for plinking. I just like things that go bang better.....

Grainger

I got a Gamo in .177--I think it's the "Maxim" model--not sure. It's a break barrel, Cost $200, came with a 3 x 9 scope

Has a little rotary magazine you can load with 10 pellets. You can buy additional magazines for $12-15, and the pellets at WallyWorld or Tractor Supply.

Fun to plink out on the driveway with it, 30-50 yds. It will actually penetrate the steel of an old washer (not the tub) at 30 yds or so.

Fun to shoot, glad I got it, the Starlings and Cowbirds aren't. I haven't had any problems with the quality of its construction.

Steverino's Beeman maybe the one you want if it's in your price range, and he's not too far away from you.

jemo4570

I have a Gamo Bone Collector Bull Whisper .177 that I'll take $75 for. I think I paid $160-170 for it with a scope. I got it a few years back thinking I needed a new pellet gun. I just couldn't shoot it very well. I had and still have an old Silver Shadow that still shot great so I stayed with it.

TN Song Dog

Thank you everyone, i found my answer and appreciate everyones input.

Looks like the Beeman R9 and the Diana 48 are the types of air guns i was most wanting to know about. Im sure there are others, and feel free to keep suggestions coming.