Best light 4 season Camper

Laxxxxxx

What is the best 4 season camper bumper pull?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtk

Staff member
would depend totally on what you could afford. I've been shopping for several months now, and have about settled on the Heritage glen hyper-lite series. i've decided to buy new unless that "perfect" used one comes along.

Omega

gtk":1l7s86to said:
would depend totally on what you could afford. I've been shopping for several months now, and have about settled on the Heritage glen hyper-lite series. i've decided to buy new unless that "perfect" used one comes along.
Does this one have a fiberglass roof? Leaks play havoc on travel trailers, both mine developed leaks and now are more expensive to repair (professionally) than to replace. I have looked at these: https://www.venture-rv.com/products/son ... -trailers/ because they, and winnebagos have good reviews as far as the roof design goes. But it will probably be a long time before I get one, unless I too get that "perfect" deal on a used one.

gtk

Staff member
yes it has a fiberglass roof. we get a ton of hail out here, and aluminum RV's are all dented up.. Every used one i looked at has been beat to heck with hail

david k.

My wife and I have looked at most every camper made and decided to put a deposit on an Escape (https://escapetrailer.com) as our "retirement" gift to each other. We plan to use it for weeks at a time in places like Yellowstone, Glacier, Yosemite, Smoky Mountains, the beach, etc.

We are leaning towards their "21C" model but could switch to the 23' model once they start production on that new model. The Escapes are made in Canada and are essentially made to order, unfortunately with an over 1 year wait list...we put our deposit in 2 months ago and our projected build date is October, 2022 but will most likely be a little sooner than that. In the meantime we will keep watching for a really nice used one. But because of the waiting list, used models typically sell in about a day for almost what the owner paid new...so I'm OK with the wait to get ours configured EXACTLY the way we want it.

What attracted us to the Escapes is (a) being able to fully customize it based on our needs and wants; (b) the trailers being completely fiberglass and without pull-outs will virtually eliminate any water leaks, I'll have to keep up with very routine maintenance around plumbing vents and such...no problem there; (c) the lighter weight of a fiberglass trailer will allow us to pull it with a more fuel efficient vehicle like my 4 Runner or a Tacoma; (d) the fact that used models sell in a day or two for virtually what they cost originally was a big factor...we will be about 60 when we take delivery and I'm thinking that we can use it for 5-10 years and then re-coup probably 80+% of what we pay for the camper based on what I am seeing used 2010-2015 models being sold for today.

Shanman

We love our Forest River Micro Lite, but it does have a rubber membrane roof. Main thing we were advised on was to get tandem axles, makes blow outs easier to handle and when one tire falls into a pot hole, there is still one tire left for support.

mike243

Just remember for folks buying campers with dreams of going out west a lot of the campgrounds say no canvas walls , not sure why when they might let tent campers stay in same places? hope to find out some day lol

tnraised

For out west it is campground to campground. Maybe because trailers tend to store food as well and tent campers are more used to it? A woman was pulled from a tent in MT a few weeks ago.

Jist got back from Glacier, Yellowstone, keep in mind many of the really cold places are closed most of the year, you will probably see the most cold close to home.

We have had a bunch, we had a Scamp, which weighed almost nothing and was easy to resell. Fiberglass is cool but keep up on gel coat maintenance and they will absolutely leak at the rivets and windows. Solid campers though.

Our others were aluminum, currently have a 2010ish KZ and love it. Got to keep up on caulking and be careful if you buy used. Buy the owner, not the trailer, it is all about maintenance.

Make sure it has electric brakes and you have a controller that works with it

Good luck!

Planking

Ive had a few also. I like the fiberglass egg style campers the best. Lightweight, pretty tough, good resale and easy to repair. You still see some on the road that are 50 years old.

Mattt

Guys. The fastest way to lose money is to buy a boat or rv setup time with a camper is always more than you think. After owning three, traveling the country for the last 15 years, I'd buy quality tent camping gear, and an enclosed trailer. Halfway set up the enclosed with heat/ac use it for overnights but when staying longer pitch the tent. You're gonna think the camper is less work, it's not just different.i currently have a faith wheel, had two bumpers, and my outfitters tent I trust as much as the rv in the weather, and critters; mice bees bears, they peel a camper just as quick as a tent.

Latest posts