Best I Ever Found

Tennrock

In 2007, after 4 hours of rock hunting and loading my boat, I step off to the side of the little private boat ramp to wash my hands . . . and there it is in 6" of water. Pictured in CSAJ and winner "Best Find" Florence, Al show. 3 3/4" long, translucent Clifton Agate. Wish I still had it, It's in a private collection out West now.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG

Last edited:

Teacher

2-Step Enabled
Been there, done that. Back in 1983 two friends and I were going to check out a freshly plowed field. We had to park about 3/4 of a mile away because everything was muddy and we didn't want to ruin our permission to hunt the field. I hadn't walked 50 yards and laying in the dirt about 15' away was a 3" Clovis just looking at me. Walked over and picked it up. Guys with me couldn't believe what I had just found! Wasn't my best ever, but it was one of the easiest and quickest I have ever found.

The point you found was absolutely beautiful. I don't sell or swap any I find. I just think about who made the point and I'm the first person to hold it since the day it was dropped. Love me some Paleo pieces!

B

Teacher

2-Step Enabled
I'm still bragging on your point! I can't for the life of me see how a man with two rocks and an antler could make something from stone as beautiful as what that point is.. It truly amazes me at the beauty of what primitive men, and women, could Create. B

Teacher

2-Step Enabled
I have a friend who had a Clovis about 4" long several years ago back. No nicks, etc and he sold it for two-not hundred, but thousand dollars.I would have never sold it.

ShedAntler

That is a Very nice rock , thanks for sharing !
My nicest point to date came from a buddy and I doing some leap frogging down the river ,
I was standing next to the boat eating a sandwich waiting on him to get to me and there it was !
G10 - 5 inch Hardin
Sometimes it's hard for me to think these things are a coincidence ,
I like to think that the Native American that lost it there wants me to have it instead of it being lost forever .
I have yet to find a Clovis intact ..
One day , it will happen !

Crow Terminator

These stone points are bringing a premium right now. Especially the paleo stuff. I tend to like the archaic to woodland era style points better but those paleo guys and gals aren't afraid to come off some money for rocks they like. I haven't saw one as good as yours come on auction YET but I have saw some smaller Daltons and Beaver Lakes go for $700-800 and not even be G7. I bet one like yours with COA would be staggering on what it would bring today.

Latest posts