Best day to hunt?

TANKIAS613

I can take off either Monday or Tuesday of next week. The cold front is suppose to come through Sunday night or early Monday morning. The temperature will be dropping all day Monday. Tuesday the sky will clear and be in the 20's in the morning and stay cold all day. Opinion on which day you would chose. I'm leaning toward Monday.

travle

yeah but stik he is in West TN you are in East TN. TANKIAS613 i'm in North West TN and it looks like that cold front will be pushing through around 3am. The rain chances are 30-40% through 12 noon on monday. So you could be hunting in a light rain, but probably not raining constantly. That's if you choose Monday.

travle

good call on the wind Mike Belt....didn't even think to check that. Yeah high wind gust on Monday probably from the front pushing through. But if he has a nice pine tree grove or something along that lines should that help break that wind up and might have a chance in there?

in the dog house

Tues IMO will be the best day and i plan on being on stand all day.... there sayin north wind @ 6 mph ..... Should get em up on there feet all day after the windy Monday

Mike Belt

Now they're saying you'll have rain with those high winds for Monday. Tuesday's the day to go out of the two.

High winds and deer movement are an iffy situation. Typically high winds stymie deer movement but I've seen some gail force windy days where the deer were moving great. Usually they were moving fast. I suppose they were edgy because the wind impairs their hearing and ability to scent check. Pine thicket hunting would probably be at it's best on windy days because they serve as a wind break. It sounds strange but I've seen deer in the wide open out in large fields on windy days also. Again I'm surmizing this was because they felt safer in the wide open where they could use their eyesight to warn them of danger while their other 2 major sneses were impaired. Throw the rut into the mix and you never know. Still, out of the 2 days you mentioned I'd opt for Tuesday.

Latest posts