Best Compact Tractors?

TN Song Dog

Based on your experience, what are the best value, best made, most reliable, best resale value, etc. compact tractors? Talking 30-40hp with FEL. Kicking around the idea of getting something newer.

Wiley

I really like my 2004 Kubota L3430 HSTC that was woman owned and garage kept when I found it in 2016 with 456 hours on it. John Deere will get a lot of votes but be aware that the rear axle housing on newer JD compact tractors is cast aluminum which gives up weight to the ground for the rear wheels. I'm old school and like cast iron axle housings. I wouldn't overlook Yanmar tractors. JD uses Yanmar engines in their tractors up to about 100hp and those engines are bulletproof. Older tractor values are way up due to the emission standards and computerized Tier 4 engines on newer models. I reckon every manufacturer out there has something compact to offer but my preference is pre Tier 4 engines.

One thing that would be a serious consideration for me is parts availability/distance to a dealer. Off shore tractors may have a serious replacement parts issue.

DavidW

I have a Kioti and like it a lot, but would get a Kubota if did over. advantages: Kutoba service is nearby, resale is going to be close to what paid for, future upgrade to a bigger tractor would be pretty simple with trading or selling compact.

DavidW

...whatever you get make sure you have rollover protection ... most of those older tractors don’t have ROP and are not worth buying for cheap...

redblood

Supporter
Another vote for Kubota.
Kubota is kind of like a toyota. Tough, over priced, good resale, light and not overly powerful.

they make really good small tractors, which works great for hunters or hobby farmers.

you wont see alot in real farming operations. My buddy bought a new one and kept in about a yr. 70hp cab to pull hay mower. Said the ac wouldnt cool and it really struggled in the hills. But he did say it burned no fuel.

redblood

Supporter
I almost bought one and the dealer gave me good advice. When you. Buy a kubota, always go a size bigger that you think you will need. They are very light

Cherokee

Supporter
Mine is a little smaller than what you are looking for, but so far I love my Kubota BX23S. A few thousand cheaper than the green ones and zero issues so far.

CATCHDAWG

Ford 641 workmaster or other similar model
They have been increasing in resale value for over 60 years 😂
I have a 1963 Ford 601 workmaster. Heck of a machine and pulls great and it’s plenty heavy to put power to the ground. However, the lack of a loader, 4wd and POWER STEERING makes it subpar to a newer tractor.

Latest posts