Best Cellular Camera?

BSK

In addition to that Andy, they are simply looking at the wattage draw they measured for taking pictures, night and day, and then calculating how long the lithium batteries would sustain that draw over time. As we all know, batteries don't always follow exact rules for draw over time. Weather and many other factors can effect their lifespan.

philsanchez76

In addition to that Andy, they are simply looking at the wattage draw they measured for taking pictures, night and day, and then calculating how long the lithium batteries would sustain that draw over time. As we all know, batteries don't always follow exact rules for draw over time. Weather and many other factors can effect their lifespan
The frequency of transmitting the photos has been my biggest battery drainer. During the rut I have them transmitting every single time an event is triggered and the batteries wear out significantly faster. Off season I have them transmitting only twice per day and seems like the batteries will last forever in this configuration

Andy S.

Good friend of mine uses Snyper cellular cameras, from right here in TN. He has used them for 2-3 years. IMO, his over the air transmitted photos look better than any I have seen, other than Ridgetec. Ridgetec photos, and more importantly, videos are impeccable. Last I read they were transmitting 1080p videos OVER THE AIR. Ridgetecs run $350 or so. Of course, external battery source is likely the way to go if you want to do that, but that is not much of a hurdle these days either. Spartan videos are good quality as well.

D1515D5B-945E-440D-B213-5B4FAA844F0E.jpeg

Last edited:

TheLBLman

The frequency of transmitting the photos has been my biggest battery drainer.
Agree.
If you transmit with each triggering event, you greatly reduce battery life, and/or increase how often you must install new batteries.

The biggest battery drainer is nighttime pics using a flash.

Both during the season and during the off-season (deer season)
I typically remotely change my cell cam settings twice daily, reducing how many nightime pics are taken compared to daytime pics.

My daily routine begins each morning drinking coffee, review the past night's cell cam pics, changing the cam settings. Daily routine ends each night reviewing the most recent pics, changing the cam settings.

Andy S.

Check out these videos (with great audio) from a Ridgetec. Click link below, then click videos on the upper right. A raccoon video and few turkey videos.

philsanchez76

Agree.
If you transmit with each triggering event, you greatly reduce battery life, and/or increase how often you must install new batteries.

The biggest battery drainer is nighttime pics using a flash.

Both during the season and during the off-season (deer season)
I typically remotely change my cell cam settings twice daily, reducing how many nightime pics are taken compared to daytime pics.

My daily routine begins each morning drinking coffee, review the past night's cell cam pics, changing the cam settings. Daily routine ends each night reviewing the most recent pics, changing the cam settings.
HAha i have the exact same routine. My wife knows exactly what I am doing every morning and evening. Favorite times of the day.

philsanchez76

Check out these videos (with great audio) from a Ridgetec. Click link below, then click videos on the upper right. A raccoon video and few turkey videos.

That quality is amazing. I am not holding out for this kind of quality with the delta but ya never know.

Antler Daddy

There are a lot of new options now in that $150 range and less. Some are available starting mid-July

Covert wc30
moutrie delta, Bushnell celluCORE, and the

Last edited: