Best ATV on the market: Opinions Please

rem270

If you want one to get you around for hunting and a little playing I'd definitely go Honda. If you want a LOT more power on top of just putting around I'd look at a Can Am.

JArender

I have owned ATV's since 1986. Honda, Suzuki, Polaris, Arctic Cat and Kawasaki. None of them ever needed one repair and when we lived in Alaska we beat on them hard. We owned more Polaris models than others.
My current ride is a 2012 Kawasaki 750 Brute Force I bought new. Just replaced the stock battery this week.
I would not pay more for any brand including Honda. The location of the dealer, their customer support, and the purchase price would be the most important thing to me.

Read the first 4 pages of this sub section. There are more questions about issues with Hondas than any other brands. Maybe that means more people own Honda's, or maybe not.
this is the way I feel. I started on honda three wheelers then yamaha the yamaha 4 wheelers back to honda to now a polaris ranger. Each and every one had an issue at some point. all issues were a direct result in how I had used them. My current ranger is a 2014 and while i've had issues they've all been minor. it has squeaks I can't stand when the bed is empty but a couple concrete blocks fix that haha. i'm gonna run it till it can't run no more but I don't work it hard like I have other in the past now that I have proper equipment for the task i'm doing.

Id look for dealers more than anything and i'd stay away from the big one in murfreesboro!

this is the way I feel. I started on honda three wheelers then yamaha the yamaha 4 wheelers back to honda to now a polaris ranger. Each and every one had an issue at some point. all issues were a direct result in how I had used them. My current ranger is a 2014 and while i've had issues they've all been minor. it has squeaks I can't stand when the bed is empty but a couple concrete blocks fix that haha. i'm gonna run it till it can't run no more but I don't work it hard like I have other in the past now that I have proper equipment for the task i'm doing.

Id look for dealers more than anything and i'd stay away from the big one in murfreesboro!
Thanks for your thoughtful insight. I'm in Knoxville/Powell so I'll be selective.

I have a Honda AT, bought in 03 when they first came out, been great so far
Thank you for your insight

It seems HONDA is the ATV of choice. Than you for your honesty

I've always loved Honda. Never had any problems out of them. Kawasaki was also pretty good in my experience. My brother had a Polaris he worked on all the time so I stay away from those but some people like them
Thank you for your insight

BigAl

I really appreciate all the responses and insight into ATVs. It will definitely help when I go for my ATV purchase. Many Thanks!
Was wondering if you bought something yet. I've been trying to find a certain model Honda for the last 6 months (new). So far no luck. Due to several factors surrounding covid, they're hard to find. I'm probably looking in a different search area than you are, but I am going out about 250 miles trying to find one. And I'm guessing they leave the dealer as fast as they come in. And it appears as though you have to pay full price.

TN RDG RNR

I am in the market for a new ATV this New Year. I am interested in Forum members opinions. I would appreciate honest opinions. I had an Arctic Cat 500. Due to parts becoming unavailable or no longer being produced, I find myself searching for a durable, strong off-road vehicle for hunting. Price is a consideration, but I am flexible. If members prefer to discuss this issue in private, please feel free to PM me with your thoughts, experiences, and reasons why you purchased your ATV. Thank you members.
If i were going to buy an atv id say Honda Foreman 500 probably a 2012 or 2013 model.
Bought one a few years back it had 25k miles on it and ran drove like new.
Thats 5 off road round trips Chattanooga to LA. Crazy

old guy

Welcome to the site . Most ATV's will do the job , they are like your pocket knife. Keep it maintained and sharp and when you need it , it will do you a good job . Take into consideration the location of available dealers that can service your machine , the price and the overall rating of it by owners , past and present . Good Luck

Uncle Jesse

I've got a 2020 Honda Rubicon DCT and the transmission is out. It's got 4000 miles though. I know most won't put that many in 10 years but I can't recommend an automatic Honda. I've had 3 automatics and had trouble with 2 of them.

I hardly ever keep one more than 2 years and never past 3 years. Been doing that since 1995 and the automatics were the only Honda's that had problems.