Best Arrows for hunting

casjoker

What is the best carbon arrow out there for hunting these days? I am still shooting ACC that I bought 6-7 years ago. Only have 7 left and looking for something different for next year. Looking for recommendations to see if I can catch a deal once the season starts up.
67lbs dual cam bow with a 28.5" draw. 100gr might switch to 125 gr broadhead.

Weegee

Black Eagles are the toughest I've used. Can't seem to break em. Using the Deep Impact micro diameter ones this year and they penetrate several inches deeper into my target than my previous victory arrows.
If you are dumb and use a concrete block to prop your target up, and you hit said block....you can definitely break one 😬

CrossVolle

I essentially shattered an Easton arrow just the other day. Missed the target by like an inch from 60 into a stump. The broad head and the blades never failed but the arrow essentially flowered at the end. The blades didn't even have a abnormality whatsoever after that impact. It spooked me, so I have a half dozen Apollo's by Sirius archery on the way. Hopefully I can test it out on a couple does in Tennessee before a big bodied Ohio buck.

Last edited:

Madbowh

What is the best carbon arrow out there for hunting these days? I am still shooting ACC that I bought 6-7 years ago. Only have 7 left and looking for something different for next year. Looking for recommendations to see if I can catch a deal once the season starts up.
67lbs dual cam bow with a 28.5" draw. 100gr might switch to 125 gr broadhead.
I'm pulling 65lb using gold tips 100 for a dozen custom. I do prefer a x weeve arrow. If you look closely at almost any carbon arrow you'll see rings. Mine you'll see a lot of overlapping x's I think they are stronger and better chance of reusing after a kill. Shot 3 deer with the same arrow

tonybart55

Black Eagles are the toughest I've used. Can't seem to break em. Using the Deep Impact micro diameter ones this year and they penetrate several inches deeper into my target than my previous victory arrows.
This…

Not just the Deep Impacts, but I've shot the Carnivores and the Outlaws and so far I've yet to even disappointed with Black Eagle. Tough and they tend to come out straighter than advertised.

gary66

I admit, I can't produce an arrow as good as Scott Archery. Don't know what they do to make an arrow fly true, but they are very good at what they do.

Latest posts