Bergara vs Remington

Rammer Jammer

I know Bergara will probably produce better quality rifles. Their HMR 6.5 creedmoor is #1 on my list. But I also love the looks of the Remington 700 5R milspec with the HS Precision stock. It has pretty good reviews. I kinda think my odds of getting a better rifle would be better with Bergara tho.

280longshot

The most accurate rifle in my safe is a Remington CDL 280, that will touch holes any day with pre ammo but they are productions rifles with no guarantee. Bergara rifles are production rifles also but they are factory tested for accuracy especially the HMR so you stand a good chance of getting an accurate rifle. Bergara will stand behind their accuracy guarantee also.
Remington still makes some great rifles but has some stiff competition and really need to step it up.
Bergara will be coming out with several new rifles this year and if I was to purchase one it would be a Bergara.

Coldfusion

I've always liked my remington but I'd love to have a begara. Heard nothing but good stuff about them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

TennSportsman

Rammer Jammer":5cpu8aaa said:
The HMR Pro is coming out this year. And if you haven't seen it..... Bergara's new Approach rifle is slick!!

I'm eyeing the approach in 22-250 for a varmint rifle. Been looking for a designated varmint rifle for 6 months and still haven't decided on one yet.
1) Tikka Super Varmint- not made anymore
2) Tikka T3x Varmint - blued is only option, got to cerakote
2) Bergara Approach - release date unknown

I'd definitely go with a Bergara over Remington. All day long.

TNRifleman

I got rid of all of my 700's for Tikkas. I am currently getting rid of my Tikkas for Bergaras Will be selling a T3 CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor because I just picked up the HMR. I have never sold a rifle before that shot 1/2" groups but the Tikka has to go.

I also have three other Bergaras in addition to the HMR and they are all fantastic.

GOODWIN

How much you want for the CTR? Can PM me. Sorry bout the highjack.

Remington needs to step up their game in my opinion to be able to compete with Tikka and Bergara on the quality of rifle you get for the price.

TNRifleman":dl0z0lts said:
I got rid of all of my 700's for Tikkas. I am currently getting rid of my Tikkas for Bergaras Will be selling a T3 CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor because I just picked up the HMR. I have never sold a rifle before that shot 1/2" groups but the Tikka has to go.

I also have three other Bergaras in addition to the HMR and they are all fantastic.

mr.big

if you are gonna pay for a Rem 700 5R or PSS in the HSP stock I wouldnt be afraid at all to say I could load ammo for it that would shoot just as good as the Bergara ,,if you are gonna buy a Rem SPS Varmint in the tupperware stocks and shoot it out of the box you may be sick,,

I actually think the 700 barreled actions are as good or better than they have ever been it is just the cheap stock they put some models in,,the high end Rem 700 rifles in the good walnut stocks or the HS Precision stocks will shoot with most any factory rifle out there,,the new Bergara and Tikka`s may or may not be slicker ,,

DaveB

I was searching for some info and saw a Browning X-Bolt Hells Canyon Speed model in 28 Nosler for $1,099. It wasn't even on sale.

You folks sure these Bergara rifles are gonna be around for the long haul?

280longshot

DaveB":jo4nnbyx said:
I was searching for some info and saw a Browning X-Bolt Hells Canyon Speed model in 28 Nosler for $1,099. It wasn't even on sale.

You folks sure these Bergara rifles are gonna be around for the long haul?
Yes I do!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

infoman jr.

I have a 5R .300 win mag, and I've ordered a 5R gen 2 in 6.5 CM. I've never seen one not shoot well. That said, there are a lot of very satisfied Bergara owners.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have about the 700.

Latest posts