Benelli M2 20ga

catchem3434

Quick question. I'm about to order one and need input on barbell length. I can get a compact with 24in barrel now for about $70.00 less than the standard with 26in barrel. Not worried about the $70 just want to know what you guys have used and recommend. Gun will be primarily turkey gun. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southern Sportsman

If I was planning to wing shot at all with it, I'd get the 26. Especially if it might be used in a duck blind. Short barrels are hard on everyone's ears. And the 26 is plenty light. But for a dedicated turkey gun, I go 24.

catchem3434

Thanks! It will b a turkey only gun! Ren did u by chance drill and tap yours for red dot or use some other mount?

REN

catchem3434":jpv0fimw said:
Thanks! It will b a turkey only gun! Ren did u by chance drill and tap yours for red dot or use some other mount?

no I used a speed bead mount and FF3 on mine. I like that set up personally a lot better.

catchem3434

REN":2jqpa544 said:
catchem3434":2jqpa544 said:

no I used a speed bead mount and FF3 on mine. I like that set up personally a lot better.

Ok thanks! I will check that out. Didn't want to drill it Bc of buddy's nightmare with one!

TNReb

I got the 26 because I planned to use it for dove hunting and wanted a slightly longer barrel. I wish I had got the 24" barrel now.

If you want a 26" barrel cerakoted in patriot brown, save the $70 and buy the 24". I'll give you another $30 to trade barrels with me. Now you've suddenly saved $100! You just have to cerakote your receiver so it matches. :)

catchem3434

TNReb":1j7z0w4t said:
I got the 26 because I planned to use it for dove hunting and wanted a slightly longer barrel. I wish I had got the 24" barrel now.

If you want a 26" barrel cerakoted in patriot brown, save the $70 and buy the 24". I'll give you another $30 to trade barrels with me. Now you've suddenly saved $100! You just have to cerakote your receiver so it matches. :)

Might not be a bad idea. What's cerakoting cost a guy? Do you use someone in west TN?

catchem3434

Roost 1":2dts25ly said:
REN":2dts25ly said:
Yeah nor did I. I used a standard 12g M2 speedbead Mount but I believe they actually make one for the 20 now

According to Burris, although they are listed with a part number, the M2 20ga speedbead mount is not yet available.

Thanks! Does the one for the 12ga work fine?!? Like to get this one in and set up before season if possible.

REN

catchem3434":3ln49ipa said:
Roost 1":3ln49ipa said:
REN":3ln49ipa said:
Yeah nor did I. I used a standard 12g M2 speedbead Mount but I believe they actually make one for the 20 now

According to Burris, although they are listed with a part number, the M2 20ga speedbead mount is not yet available.

Thanks! Does the one for the 12ga work fine?!? Like to get this one in and set up before season if possible.

Yeah works fine for me. You have to make a few small mods to it but thing major at all. Only difference is the 12 gauge model will have a lip on it due to a 20 gauge receiver is smaller but I personally don't even notice it.

TNReb

catchem3434":2vhbgn8w said:
TNReb":2vhbgn8w said:

Might not be a bad idea. What's cerakoting cost a guy? Do you use someone in west TN?

The guy I used wasn't in TN. Prices vary... I'm probably not the best one to answer.

Latest posts