Benelli M2 20 Gauge Choke Recommendation

SKFOOTER

Looking for choke tube brand and constriction recommendations for shooting #5 Bismuth in my 20 gauge Benelli M2.

Last edited:

Levee Jumper

Haven't shot any bismuth out of mine but have shot some hand loaded TSS and Steel duplex loads and it's tight in both the factory Cylinder and Improved Cylinder.

Levee Jumper

30 yards in a cylinder bore.
DD70154D-BD7C-4C5B-8690-E48C0C3CA100.jpeg

Levee Jumper

In doing some research it looks like bismuth likes tight chokes to shoot high percentage patters since it's soft and tends to deform. Totally opposite of TSS that likes very open chokes.

jkelley429

I'm running an extended Carlson's Sporting Clays IM with Boss 3" #3/5 blend bismuth, used the same choke with #5s as well. It can reach out to 40+ no problem but still open enough for finishing birds. This is in a 12 gauge, but results should be similar in your 20.

If you're shooting Boss you should check out their fan page on facebook. 90% of discussion on there is about choke selection.

Cache

2-Step Enabled
I run carlsons in my 20 gauge m2 and kicks in my 12. Both do what I need them to do.

Kevin

I have factory extended IM in my M2 shooting boss 5's. I just spent 10 minutes scanning my phone for when I put it on paper and I cant find it. They are KILLER though!

bluewinged46er

I'm a Carlsons fan.
My advice is definitely a NO on those cheap Readhead Bass Pro chokes.

I have used Carlson and Briley, but I am also a Carlson fan. I have half a dozen of their tubes, and have patterned them all with excellent results. I use them in my 20 gauge Browning Cynergy O/U which I use for everything from doves to turkeys to ducks. Currently in the middle of converting over to extended tubes for the convenience. (If anybody needs some flush mount Invector Plus 20 gauge tubes, let me know.)

OldGoat68

Been using Carlson's, but tried Muller's in my sporting guns this year and have been more then pleased. Have invested in some of the Muller waterfowl chokes and gotten good results. No pictures of the paper, but very happy with what i've seen.

Latest posts