Benelli M2 20 ga barrel length

Kyboy

I have a m2 20 ga with 28 inch barrel, I have been tempted to buy a 24in barrel for turkey hunting and just making the gun easier to pack. I bought the 28 inch barrel for dove and duck hunting in mind but the more I use it the more it becomes my go to gun for everything. I can buy a 26 in barrel for it right now, or wait and get the 24 inch when and IF they came back in stock. Can't decide if the 2 shorter inches is worth it or if I should wait for the 24in. What is your alls thoughts on this?

Kyboy

24" barrel is awesome for turkey hunting! Never had a 26 so i cant really speak to that.
That is what my thoughts are as well, I have never hunted turkeys with anything but a 26in or 28in barrel always kill turkeys but sometimes that longer barrel has made things more difficult. Thinking if I can get my hands on a 24in it will be a whole new ball game.

deerfever

I have two Stoeger m3020 that I hunt with for turkey one has 24 and one 26. It really doesn't matter to me which I take . I use the 26 inch gun for dove hunting also. I do like a shorter barrel for turkey but have two guns I turkey hunt with that have 26 inch barrels and it's not bad.

Kyboy

Ended up just buying a 24in barrel they had been out of stock for several months and got a email last night they were back in. Most expensive barrel I have ever bought, probably should have just bought a different gun with a shorter barrel haha.

bigbell270

I just saw you were looking for a shorter barrel and was going to tell you to check ebay. Not sure about the 20 but I just bought a 12 for $200. Looks like I am a little late.

Kyboy

I just saw you were looking for a shorter barrel and was going to tell you to check ebay. Not sure about the 20 but I just bought a 12 for $200. Looks like I am a little late.
I have been checking everywhere for several months, I have a benelli dealer that I work with and he couldnt get them for a year or so and called me this morning and told me if I wanted one I better be ordering it. I have a old M2 12ga thats seen better days, been the best gun I have owned. I did not take care of it and it fired and shot every single time.

Bgoodman30

I was in your shoes with my 12 ga and couldn't justify the cost of the extra barrel. I ended up buying a youth model 20 with 24" barrel and compact stock. Best decision gun only weighs 5lbs and knocks em dead with tss9.

Cobb1

Since you have 2 barrels I would consider having one of them chopped even shorter for turkey hunting. Comp n choke cut my M2 barrel to 20 inches and it's noticeable. Pattern is unchanged. You would have to have it rethreaded for a different choke system as they are unable to rethread the benelli crio system

Latest posts