Beginning to Duck Hunt

ThunderHead85

I live in Franklin and just starting duck hunting last season. I have a 12 foot jon boat with a trolling motor and do not know how to call. Are there any places that i could access and maybe shoot wood ducks passing by or something like that?

Spoonbillmallard

You just need to go to the duck draws somewhere and start conversating with some people. You never know how far a few kind words will take you. But go out and find some people that don't mind another person joining their drawing party, there are lots of them. But maybe you will get lucky and find some good people.

But for the wood ducks the only place I can think of is Cheatham wade in area. Thats about the only place I know of to shoot wood ducks. But most of the time it takes a little scouting to find them woodies.

big B

I work in Franklin and live out in Flat Creek,but obviously something or someone has sparked an interest to you about duck hunting,talk to these people and be a sponge,you'll find most duck hunters love introducing someone new to the sport.I do my hunting in Arkansas,but as far as the woodies go your favorite watering hole in the deer woods may be a good place to start,I found my first wood ducks on a trail cam I had set on a watering hole getting ready for bow season,be careful though this sport is very addictive!

ThunderHead85

The few times that i did go last year i loved it. To me there is nothing like duck hunting. Are there any places within an hour and a half that would be worth scouting?

Latest posts