• Help Support TNDeer:

Before and after 44 mag

Hunter 257W

Wood always looks best and those look like they'd give more grip too.

I've recently been playing around with mid range loads for 44 Magnum handguns and am really enjoying it. For years I only shot either full power or very weak "Cowboy" level loads. Lately I've been using about 10 grains of Unique with either a 245 grain RCBS wadcutter or the 310 grain Lee bullet. Get 1,035 ft/sec with he 245 and about 990 ft/sec with the 310. Good level of power and way easier to hit with than the full power H110 loads I've used for years., The 310's rock my Caldwell 10" gong frame up off the ground at 25 yards yet they are relatively mild. This is from a 5.5" Super Blackhawk.

mossyoakmantn

Wood always looks best and those look like they'd give more grip too.

I've recently been playing around with mid range loads for 44 Magnum handguns and am really enjoying it. For years I only shot either full power or very weak "Cowboy" level loads. Lately I've been using about 10 grains of Unique with either a 245 grain RCBS wadcutter or the 310 grain Lee bullet. Get 1,035 ft/sec with he 245 and about 990 ft/sec with the 310. Good level of power and way easier to hit with than the full power H110 loads I've used for years., The 310's rock my Caldwell 10" gong frame up off the ground at 25 yards yet they are relatively mild. This is from a 5.5" Super Blackhawk.
I picked this gun up last fall. I havent had time to play with different loads. I carry it as a side arm during rifle season. I like the gun even more now with the new grips. It fits really well.