• Help Support TNDeer:

been thinking about

WTM

retiring abroad. throughout my travels years ago, which seems like eons, i used to think some of these places might be a descent place to live. Costa Rica seems like it would be nice as long as the neighboring countries to the north and south keeps to themselves.

know anyone who has done it?

Hduke86

retiring abroad. throughout my travels years ago, which seems like eons, i used to think some of these places might be a descent place to live. Costa Rica seems like it would be nice as long as the neighboring countries to the north and south keeps to themselves.

know anyone who has done it?
I’ve got some friends that have moved to Panama and they enjoy it but they’re fluent in Spanish but they have a nice place on the coast and hardly paid anything for it. Now if I could take Colorado, Wyoming,Montana, and Idaho and make a small country I would be set.

BetterDaniel

If I ever leave the US permanently I will live in Poland.
They experienced communism and have bounced back. They obviously love freedom more than we do now.
Check out czechoslovokia (spelling?). They make great guns.....and they let the general population keep and carry them. 😉

Pic IN the Casa

Poland? I always grew up being told it takes 3 to do anything.
You know who started all the Polack jokes?
The nazis.
You know why?
Because the Pol's didn't take fascism hiding in a corner. So the nazis started smearing their name by trashing them.
Sound kinda familiar?

BMan

Check out czechoslovokia (spelling?). They make great guns.....and they let the general population keep and carry them. 😉

Correct spelling but it hasn’t existed in close to 30 years. They split into the Czech Republic and Slovakia in 1993.

Carry for the general populace is legal in both countries, something pretty much unheard of in the rest of the eu.

BMan

You know who started all the Polack jokes?
The nazis.
You know why?
Because the Pol's didn't take fascism hiding in a corner. So the nazis started smearing their name by trashing them.
Sound kinda familiar?

The Poles broke the enigma in the 1930s. The information their cryptographers took to England when they fled made the English successes of Bletchley Park possible.

I’d say that makes them pretty durn smart.

ImThere

We think about it every day. Lol. We are currently buying our retirement home on a lake in Alabama.
When we actually retire we may be ready to move to Costa Rica, Bahamas, or somewhere similar

dmonty

For most countries it very hard to move there and own property. Getting citizenship unless you have a great deal of money is pretty hard also. I guess I'll have to ride it out here.

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Latest posts