Bear take down

southernhunter

I have a 30" draw . I love my 60" S/K but I am wanting a 64" recurve. I am thinking a bear B riser with #3 limbs , What do y'all think?

Smo

southernhunter":2msv0cau said:
I have a 30" draw . I love my 60" S/K but I am wanting a 64" recurve. I am thinking a bear B riser with #3 limbs , What do y'all think?

You should give that Outdoor store in Dickson Tn a call

I bet they may have what you're looking for.

southernhunter

I messaged them on Facebook they quickly replied . No LH take downs but he's going to to reply tomorrow with a list of what's in stock

southernhunter

Little off subject here but I was saw a vid on YouTube by Jeff K. He said the bear bows don't stack at 29.5 , even the 48", makes me wonder on the length.

eddie c

southernhunter":3oyjwmf9 said:
Little off subject here but I was saw a vid on YouTube by Jeff K. He said the bear bows don't stack at 29.5 , even the 48", makes me wonder on the length.

that's just 1.5 inches past the standard 28" draw, maybe 2-3# more, sometimes hard to feel if the shooter is physically conditioned. I would have to see that on a scale.
sometimes the term 'stack' is referred as how smooth the poundage increase is through the overdraw past the bow's measured draw length.

southernhunter

As my form gets better my draw length has shortened up I am now around 29.5/30 . I once was trying to draw 31" I am 6'3". I have always been concerned with my longer draw length and "stacking" issues but I read so many things I don't know what to believe , obviously a shorter bow is better for hunting but I don't want to be fighting the bow either. Unfortunately you can't try trad bows as easily because no one has them in stock , especially left hand, it makes it tough to decide on what to buy, I have bought several trad bows over the last few years. it's been a guessing game and with plenty of mistakes made on my part. I have learned a lot through mistakes but there is so much more to learn. I don't know if I can afford it!! lol I appreciate the help.

eddie c

people hunt with the 66-72" bows all the time. it's a matter of planning your stand/blind setup. my first 2 trad deer was with a 66" bow. I took my bow with me when I set up the stands and shot practice shots out of them before I finalized the setup. but I still like my 60" bow better.

I've had SEVERAL good bows in my hands. my biggest mistake was lack of knowledge of proper tuning. and I still have that problem. I have sold many good bows that I should have kept because I didn't know how to properly tune a trad bow. I was trying to tune like a compound in the beginning.

finding a good bow is as personal as finding a good woman. some get lucky the first time. some go through the whole modeling agency. some don't know they have it in their hands until they let someone else have her. you have to listen to each one to tell you want she wants.

eddie c

southernhunter":1nxvyoo4 said:
I found a metal take down B riser for $325

I haven't done a lot of research but my understanding that is a good price. I have a mag A riser with #1 limbs I had gotten on trade. some of the logos have been removed. the bow belonged to a Air Force pilot that carried it with him through out his career. due to regulations he had to remove any visible markings. the only markings left are covered by the limb pockets.

I recently read about a forum that is strictly Bear TD bow users. you might try to find it and check out it's classifieds.

Shag

I'd be all over a Bear Mag take down for $325 if it was in my desired weight range. The TD Bears seem to be the only ones that are still appreciating in value. And I can see why...I've owned over 100 bows since I started shooting traditional and my 80s greenstripe take down that I acquired in the spring is my favorite bow ever. I really do love it. Not the fastest or the quietest I've ever owned but it feels perfect and hits exactly where I'm looking. Can't go wrong with a Bear takedown!

Latest posts