Bear Take Down Help

Oldschool

Picked up a take down today at an estate sale. Original box says category #2171, serial # I-5239. Has "A" limbs. Riser has factory built in yardage pins. I own several old bear bows but this one has me baffled! Magnesium handle. Has original sticker on back saying, saying it has adjustable arrow plate. Any help would be appreciated.

eddie c

I had traded for one a couple years ago. I was at the Howard Hill shoot in AL last year and asked the Bear rep about it. The mag riser was only made for a couple of years in the early 70s. Mine has an adjustable side plate but I haven't moved it. I asked about the limbs made today and was told they should fit, they haven't changed the design.
Mine was owned by a retired Air Force veteran that bought it new and took it every where he was stationed. Due to some regulations he had to remove some of the markings on the riser.
Sounds like you got a gem.

Oldschool

Everything matches up except I don't see a bear coin in it or a place it should be. Riser is a tacky burnt orange color with black handle with original bear sticker on it. Original arrow rest, you can tell it haa not been shot very much. Looked online all risers I seen were black.

Latest posts