• Help Support TNDeer:

Bear skull clean and bleach

Sniper

I was lucky enough to get a bear with my bow in Fentress county this year. Can anyone recommend a taxidermist in East TN that does the cleaning and bleaching I could take it to?

2in1shot

I’ve got a guy here in Athens that does a Fantastic job! And he is very reasonable. Pm me and I’ll send you his number.

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Jcalder

Supporter
Get with Tennessee lead. His dad does it and is in Livingston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOHUNT

Be sure whoever you get to do it uses bugs to clean the skull. Boiling a bear skull damages the surface of the bone on a bear way more than it does on a deer. Also if he tells you that you will have it back in less than 8 weeks I’d be very leary. Bears take a long time to degrease properly. It always took me more than 12 weeks just to degrease.

Sniper

Ok good info guys. Just got home so will be in touch with you or check out who you recommended.

Stykbow

I’ll pm you my number if you want to text it to me and I’ll put it up for you. Let me know.

If you’re going to be stupid, you’d better be tough!

Sniper

1384847E-AA20-4FD0-9B4E-E65C6EA54A0D.jpeg

bobbuck

That’s awesome! I own a farm in Fentress county on the E Fork of Obey. We have some hogs but have not seen any bears luckily. Congratulations!

Latest posts