Battery Replacement

C

chall19477

2013 Ford Escape - battery is going down and whoever designed/engineered the location of the battery in this car needs to be shot. You Tube video indicates 1st - remove the wiper blades. Replacing a battery in a car should never include having to remove the wiper blades - and that's just the first step. Anyone near Brentwood that's handy with cars that has experience with this?

iowavf

iowavf

Yup, it's mounted up under the cowl section which is also where the wiper blades are attached to.

P

PalsPal

Wonder if Autozone will change THAT one for free?

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
Think that's bad? Try changing headlight bubs on a 2009 Silverado. You have to remove the top cover between the grill and radiator, the entire front grill then the front plastic wheel well covers and finally the headlights to take the blub out.

D

Dale3

Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackson county(Gainsboro)
They put a battery these day any where and every where and also batteries come in many odd shapes and sizes to fit into some of these strange places
they could care less about what a pain in the azz it is to work on cars. I think for the most part cars are computer designed these days and the computer just make things fit and does not think about working on it

SilverFox

SilverFox

Must be battery day... had to replace the one in my Tundra this morning. Started dragging when I went to take the boy to school.

Advance did it for free with a battery purchase.

ttf909

ttf909

Supporter
Changed the passenger headlight on a kids car who works for me. Internet says the front bumper has to come off to get it done. Crazy

Dodge Man

Dodge Man

Supporter
My wife has a 2012 Dodge Avenger. You have to remove the front left tire and the plastic fender liner to get to the battery. Then you have to take out a few bolts and a bracket that holds it in. I found this out when here batterie died on the way home one day and i had to change the battery on the side of the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MUP

MUP

Supporter
I've often wondered what the real appeal was to go pay extra for a battery at the auto parts places and have it installed, instead of doing it yourself. Now I know. :shock:

griz01

griz01

Had an old Pontiac Transport; Step 1 in changing the spark plugs was remove the front engine mount! My wife's 2013 Ford claims it takes 1.5 hours book time to change an air filter! Quickie oil change places won't even look at it.

Awhile back they couldn't get laws passed to stop you from working on your own car; the environmental nuts did tried though, so now manufactures are just making it too difficult for you to even try! I guess more than one way...

MUP

MUP

Supporter
griz01":31kl5d9l said:
Had an old Pontiac Transport; Step 1 in changing the spark plugs was remove the front engine mount! My wife's 2013 Ford claims it takes 1.5 hours book time to change an air filter! Quickie oil change places won't even look at it.

Awhile back they couldn't get laws passed to stop you from working on your own car; the environmental nuts did tried though, so now manufactures are just making it too difficult for you to even try! I guess more than one way...

That's what a good strict HOA is for. :rotf:

double browtine

double browtine

The new car manufacturers and new car dealers are trying to corner the market on new vehicle repair.
And put the good old boy, shade tree mechanic out of business. When you work on a lot of today's new cars, you have to have special tools, computers, etc. To make sure the vehicle will accept the park. You can use aftermarket parts, but lots of times the check engine light will stay on unless the computer is reset at the dealer. I'm not a mechanic, but I have heard a lot of stories. I haven't taken the plunge into a newer vehicle because of it. Still keeping my 96 Yukon 212k miles and 97 z71 298K miles running. With the price of new vehicles, I could do a complete frame off restoration on both of them for a third of what a new Yukon costs. I think they are close to $60k now for a new one. New care prices are unbelievable!

Nimrod777

Nimrod777

Supporter
Know a show I would watch? Line up the engineers and project managers of the worst designs in modern history, and watch them blame each other for an hour.

Every week.

My '86 Toyota Corolla... to change the oil filter I would pop the hood, reach down to the filter, which was sitting at a convenient angle, grab it with both hands, and twist it loose, screw the new one on.

L

LY

Just replaced battery in wife's Odyssey luckily it was only 40 months into a 42 month warranty so Costco swapped it for free.

About a month ago I had to replace the battery my moms Traverse. I had to break out the manual to find it, it is in a compartment under the rear passenger floor board.

D

deerduck38201

Supporter
Gravey":khoikdmr said:
Wait until you have to change the headlamp fluid. That’s a bear. :eek: :D

Is that the same fluid that also goes in the blinkers?? Asking for a friend!!......lol

B

blondebear

well that just settles it, my next vehicle will be a horse and buggy.

guess i'll change my name to brother zacahariah.

3 signs on the back of my buggy will be :

1) homemade bread and furniture next right.

2) amish mafia is fake news.

3 ) rumspringa in progress ! don't come knockin' if the buggys rockin'.