Baseball cards, basketball cards, and comic books

John.M

Have been doing some spring cleaning early and have some 30 year old sports cards and comic books that I would like to sell.

Anyone here have any suggestions about how to assess their value? I don't have the slightest clue how or where to start. I also don't want to spend a ton of time on this either.

The collection is not very large (a few hundred of each cards and comics).

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PalsPal

Do a search on eBay for the ones you think might be most valuable. Then click on the SOLD tab. It will be on the left side and you will have to scroll down some. It is in the "Show Only" section. This will give you only those that sold and the prices, and THAT will be the actual value.

I will go ahead and warn you that they aren't worth much any more. I have had the opportunity to buy and resell a few card/comic collections, but after doing a little research I found that it just wasn't feasible.

There may be some card/comic stores in the big cities who might buy them from you; but again, they won't offer much. But, it will be quick and easy and you may get something.

John.M

Thanks, guys. I don't have any visions that I am sitting on thousands of dollars. I just don't want to give them away if there is a lot of value.

I guess I need to do some detailed research first on a few items.

Thanks for the links and advice!

cbhunter

What kind of shape they are in is a big deal. If they are just thrown in a box and not in a binder or individual holders, their value decreases tremendously

Latest posts