Base layers/ heavy outter suit

Acorn Goat

Been struggling staying warm after some surgeries and medication changes. I have original ua spandex type cold gear the 2.0 and the 5.0 for base layers. My outter suit is the mossyoak game keepers Sherpa jacket and bibs. I'm a bigger guy and use to be able to stay warm before heart surgeries and meds. I love hunting but the last 2 weekends have left me looking for a fix to my problem

Acorn Goat

I was looking at changing outter layer to artic shield coveralls to pack in and put on after reaching my stand destination

Hduke86

Also, it is crucial to keep you hands and neck/head warm. A gamechanger for me is a hand muff with hot hands in it
The best neck gaiter for me since I seem to never be able to keep up with them is a cheap Walmart toboggan. I buy the ones for like $4-$5 and just cut he threads on the top that hold it together and just slide it over my head to my neck. Works wonderful if you're ever in a pinch for one and makes a HUGE difference in comfort that's for sure.

Bgoodman30

Been struggling staying warm after some surgeries and medication changes. I have original ua spandex type cold gear the 2.0 and the 5.0 for base layers. My outter suit is the mossyoak game keepers Sherpa jacket and bibs. I'm a bigger guy and use to be able to stay warm before heart surgeries and meds. I love hunting but the last 2 weekends have left me looking for a fix to my problem

Man I had some Gamekeeper bibs that were not great at all. I would invest in some higher end bibs and jacket. Get the windproof wool sweater from Macks Prairie wings that thing is super warm. I can wear UA base layer, fleece shirt, sweater and down vest and be good into teens.

Gravey

I currently use Under Armor 3.0 but just ordered First Lite furnace top and bottoms for cold weather base layer. The UA is warm but if I start to sweat can't stand it. Also use Sitka Stratus bib overalls and jacket for most temps but looking at the Incinerator set for 20's and teens. Had a cousin with Sleeping Indian gear which is wool and swore by it after using it in Canada. It's pricier than Sitka, First Lite, and Kuiu but if it keeps you warm is worth it.

Boone25/06

I developed the same problem from being in heated blinds too much. After getting used to them I found myself never wanting to hunt some of my better stands. I found the solution with artic shield body suit. It's similar to the body heater suit but cheaper. It is awesome. I wear light cloths into stand and put it on after getting into stand. Keeps everything toasty and packs easy. Hunt extender for sure.

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
There are many Electric heated clothing options these days. I'm using liner gloves and a heated seat this year. 1st time I can remember this many below freezing days before Thanksgiving. The main thing to remember when going electric is the batteries. You need to invest in a good one for long hunts.

Amazon product ASIN B09H4GLZXT

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Methane

I don't know if it's still available, but I bought goose down thermal underwear from Cabela's several years ago. Coupled with my wind proof wool outer layer, there's no getting cold. I sat in stands for 9+ hrs a few weeks ago in NE Missouri and never got cold (15-20 mph winds, highs of 30, windchill 17-24 f).

RobDooley

Teens and low twenties, I wear merino wool next to skin (top & bottoms), first lite furnace pullover and Sitka Stratus pants. I pack in First Lite Solitude bibs and jacket. Warm.

RobDooley

I currently use Under Armor 3.0 but just ordered First Lite furnace top and bottoms for cold weather base layer. The UA is warm but if I start to sweat can't stand it. Also use Sitka Stratus bib overalls and jacket for most temps but looking at the Incinerator set for 20's and teens. Had a cousin with Sleeping Indian gear which is wool and swore by it after using it in Canada. It's pricier than Sitka, First Lite, and Kuiu but if it keeps you warm is worth it.
Honestly, not sure you will need the Incinerator (in Tennessee) based on my understanding. I have the Sitka Fanatic Jacket & Bibs. Plenty warm enough. However, If you do get the Incinerators let me know how you like them. Thanks.

hoghunter65

I have been watching some YouTube videos of a guy and his kids who hunt in Minnesota, where it can get to -20, they slip there legs into a sleeping bag and pull it up under their arms.

Gravey

Honestly, not sure you will need the Incinerator (in Tennessee) based on my understanding. I have the Sitka Fanatic Jacket & Bibs. Plenty warm enough. However, If you do get the Incinerators let me know how you like them. Thanks.
Will do and I agree on fanatic being warm enough. Only reason I'm thinking of going the incinerator route is they have goretex and are water proof where the fanatic isn't. I don't hunt in the rain but…