Bare bow?

Iglow

What's your trick on picking a spot? I've shot over a couple lately and it's because I didn't pick a spot. I can't shoot sights because of bad target panic and really I shoot just as well barebow out to 25 yds as I would with pins just shooting off the deck and around the house.

TnTurk

I dropped the training wheels about 12 years ago and really have never really regretted the decision. Sure, there are some missed opportunities but being limited on shot distances is never really a concern in the early Fall with all the foliage on the trees. I shoot instinctive and it's a wonderful thing when the mind, body, and bow all come together.

tree_ghost

What's your trick on picking a spot? I've shot over a couple lately and it's because I didn't pick a spot. I can't shoot sights because of bad target panic and really I shoot just as well barebow out to 25 yds as I would with pins just shooting off the deck and around the house.
Pick a spot and hold lower lol. I'm a split vision guy. And when I tend to "drift" in my groups it's always high never low on a deer. I come to full draw and consciously tell myself to "hold lower you won't shoot over it" and it has seemed to work so far…

Smo

Shoot a lot, then shoot some more.
From elevation if your hunting from a tree stand.

Concentrate on the spot you want the arrow too hit, use the same anchor point with each shot…

Then practice some more..

Iglow

I don't know what's going on, I've shot barebow since 1989 but I guess I haven't shot enough this year.
With the deer running nuts right now I don't have time to fix it so I put a single pin set for 18 yds on both my bows. I test ran a tooth pick to get the windage and elevation right then used that as a model to make one out of twisted stainless wire and used the inside sight screw hole to mount it. I'm good from straight down to about 25 yds. But...now I have to think about yardage before I shoot where before it was automatic. We'll see how it goes.

gary66

I hate wasting time, when I'm forced to shoot bare bow I will, till then I take advantage of the help.

either way I wouldn't want me pointing an arrow at me.

Iglow

Well, the diy pin worked to perfection yesterday morning. Had a doe at about 20 yds and double lunged her, she went maybe 50 yds. That 42 lbs bow shot completely through her without any problem. Now that that's done, time to put it away and climb the tradbow mountain.