Bammers jumping ship

PalsPal

I heard where somebody had ranked Saban's teams that have appeared in the champ. game.

They ranked this one at the bottom, meaning this was the worse team he has taken to the champ. game. Now, you have to give him credit for getting there, but what will change with next year's team? Do they have a new OLine recruited?

When they showed the graphic of the common teams that GA and Bama had faced and the score differential, that was VERY telling.

They will still be a favorite in the west, but the gap is closing.

THEdonkey0515

NIL will help level the playing field.

Teams with big money boosters can get instant help at positions of need.

This might keep the 5 stars from be willing to ride the pine at Bama to wait their turn, if they can get paid now.
Jackson state just got another 5* one of thr best WRs in the 2022 class some have him ranked top 4.
They already have a 5* CB the top ranked DB In the 2022 class.
So yeah I would say having a 5* 3ed string is a thing in the past for the most part.

Last edited:

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
As everyone knows, I'm a DAWGS fan, so I'm not a Bama homer.

Bama will be fine. Every team will have several players entering the transfer portal for various reasons.

This is not the end of Alabama football, and they will be right in the thick of the National Title hunt next season. They still have great young players on the roster, new ones coming in, and a great coaching staff.

I'm glad that UGA won it all this year, but I feel that my team will have greater losses than Bama this offseason, but will also have some good talent to replace it. May be a reloading year with a new QB getting up to speed and big replacements in the DL and LB corps, but should still be pretty good. UGA should be really good again in '23

PillsburyDoughboy

Paul Tyson the great grandson of Bear Bryant entered the portal also
He knew right after they added Ty Simpson his playing days at ALABAMA were over.

Looking at the rest of the 6 players on the list looks like there is good reason for them to leave. Billingsby and Nick Saban seemed to be at odds of what needed to be done on the field. You know how that ended.

What the doomsday seekers are not seeing/saying is that ALABAMA will be in one of the top 3 recruiting classes again this season. Saban has said he likes the portal so I think he likes the balance of the portal VS recruiting. ALABAMA has a tremendous amount of talent returning this season. Something tells me we will be in great shape to make another run at a National Championship. Roll Tide

PillsburyDoughboy

Isn't it incredible that Florida and Tennessee fans instantly become fans of a team in their own division, which neither of their teams can seem to beat and has owned them over the last 5+ years, and in turn completely limits their team's ability to achieve success even within conference? Fools gold follies 😂
Amazing ..I think they call that Bandwagon fans. LOL

Laserman1

I'm from Athens, grew up in Athens and a true dawgs fan. I liked Nick Saban until he started doing this stupid Aflac commercials with Deion Sanders. I know it's about money but they are the stupidest commercials on tv with their cheesy band and dancers in the background.

PalsPal

I'm from Athens, grew up in Athens and a true dawgs fan. I liked Nick Saban until he started doing this stupid Aflac commercials with Deion Sanders. I know it's about money but they are the stupidest commercials on tv with their cheesy band and dancers in the background.
Racist!

Mescalero

7 players hit the portal including TE Billingsley. Let's hear it.
I'm going to chime in here. Do you mind?

You are a Gator fan who hasn't had anything to chirp about since about last week of October/first week of November. That would be 2021.

Most of your guys who did, jumped shipped back around that time. Alabama's season finally ended and so now they've got some guys thinking they will find greener pastures. Most, if not all, will, find it greener in terms of playing time and maybe even NFL draft order elsewhere. Now, don't get me wrong, I too see some cracks down in Tuscaloosa, but they are very miniscule at best and certainly not any larger at this time than some seen in other programs that have made the playoffs multiple times. While I think these cracks are just going to grow little by little over the next say 5-10 years, I think you sir have much bigger problems closer to Gainesville.

Trey13

I'm going to chime in here. Do you mind?

You are a Gator fan who hasn't had anything to chirp about since about last week of October/first week of November. That would be 2021.

Most of your guys who did, jumped shipped back around that time. Alabama's season finally ended and so now they've got some guys thinking they will find greener pastures. Most, if not all, will, find it greener in terms of playing time and maybe even NFL draft order elsewhere. Now, don't get me wrong, I too see some cracks down in Tuscaloosa, but they are very miniscule at best and certainly not any larger at this time than some seen in other programs that have made the playoffs multiple times. While I think these cracks are just going to grow little by little over the next say 5-10 years, I think you sir have much bigger problems closer to Gainesville.
Not saying that at all about the stuff going on in Gainesville. But to see the Bammers pump their chest every week and when they get beat a few of them goes to therapy. Bcse it's therapeutic. They get everybody and everything is great but like I said when they get beat. Silence. Note does that help u any. Oh by the way, Mullen was a point away from beating them first. Lol. Carry on

Mescalero

Not saying that at all about the stuff going on in Gainesville. But to see the Bammers pump their chest every week and when they get beat a few of them goes to therapy. Bcse it's therapeutic. They get everybody and everything is great but like I said when they get beat. Silence. Note does that help u any. Oh by the way, Mullen was a point away from beating them first. Lol. Carry on
I know what you are saying about the Bammer fans.

But the mass transfers now are just part of college football. I actually believe Saban processes players after two seasons, which is why he consistently brings in 28+ classes and can maximize annual takes for 5 stars. He's got room. Transfer portal now takes the place of Bama processing players out just as NIL replaces the Bryant Bank, although I'm sure shots are still called from that board room as well as allocation of NIL funds/sources.

PillsburyDoughboy

I love how yall make this stuff up...Its comical.

PillsburyDoughboy

I know what you are saying about the Bammer fans.

But the mass transfers now are just part of college football. I actually believe Saban processes players after two seasons, which is why he consistently brings in 28+ classes and can maximize annual takes for 5 stars. He's got room. Transfer portal now takes the place of Bama processing players out just as NIL replaces the Bryant Bank, although I'm sure shots are still called from that board room as well as allocation of NIL funds/sources.
The Players that are leaving ALABAMA lost their spots to better players or never secured a spot for themselves to start with. I wish them well on their journey but clearly stronger players are in their roles.

huntintn

Alot of these player know with the depth their chance of playing are low. They enter the portal trying to get their name out for nfl recriuts. How many got drafted off the bench last year.

Latest posts