bad fish hook experiences

Crow Terminator

True story.

I went on a blind date with a chick right after I had graduated HS. As most blind dates are...it wasn't the best of times. She wasn't anything like she was described to be and couldn't keep her mouth shut for 5 minutes while we drove. My plan was to take her to Bald River Falls and then go eat some place, etc. Just a local date and nothing major. Well the plan was changed before we even got to the falls. We drove by the falls, walked the trail to the top, in which I honestly didn't know I had ran off and left her til I turned to say something and she wasn't anywhere in sight. We didn't go eat either. Condensing the story here...I wanted to get back and drop her off and just go home and never see her again. Somewhere along the way, she finally figures out I'm not into her at all. And she must have been really low self esteemed or something or just wanted people to like her or something.

We get back to where we had met up at, and she wont get out of my vehicle...which was a Bronco II with bucket seats at the time. It was a 4x4 automatic with T handle shifter. In the console I had a pile of fishing lures from where I fished all the time back in the day. Well she for some reason, decided she was going to reach over to my lap and in her words "make things all better". In which I went for my door to basically jump out of the vehicle as fast as I could. This girl was CRAZY! But when I jumped, she jerked her hand back and landed right in the pile of fishing lures I had in my console. So there she is with a tangled mess of treble hooks and one of them is buried through her thumb and web between her thumb and pointer finger. Talking about an end to a bad date. LOL. I ended up using it as my escape. I took my multi tool pliers and cut the end of the hook off and pulled it through. She started bleeding pretty good and I told her she better go put something on it before it got infected. She then turns to me and says she had the best time and would really like to see me again. What? How is that even possible? LOL.

ghostfive

When I was a kid we were fishing a pond up in the mountains. I got spinnerbait hung on a limb and when it came off it flew back and hit me it the forehead sinking the hook in. ER visit.

Snake

Supporter
A few years back I hooked my grandson not once but twice in the head bass fishing so the last time I told him if a person couldn't do any better than hat he should quit which I did !

Latest posts