Backpacks

14deerhunter

I am looking into overnight backpacks. I have seen great reviews on Columbia. But I'm also looking into osprey. If anyone can give me ideas other brands or reviews on these im looking for over 35L

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

jb3

Re: Backpacks

Gregory or Osprey. If you're an ultralight guy, checkout Gossamer. I have an Osprey Aether 70. it does great, plus the top cap can come off and turn into a day pack. My wife has a 50L Osprey that she loves. My son has a Deuter which is fully adjustable with him growing. It's a pack he started using and will be able to as an adult. Last week we were on the AT backpacking and at camp some thru hikers had Gossamer packs. They were smaller and lighter. Would probably be ideal if you didn't have to tote as much gear and wanted to cut weight.

14deerhunter

jb3":3e95b5tn said:
Gregory or Osprey. If you're an ultralight guy, checkout Gossamer. I have an Osprey Aether 70. it does great, plus the top cap can come off and turn into a day pack. My wife has a 50L Osprey that she loves. My son has a Deuter which is fully adjustable with him growing. It's a pack he started using and will be able to as an adult. Last week we were on the AT backpacking and at camp some thru hikers had Gossamer packs. They were smaller and lighter. Would probably be ideal if you didn't have to tote as much gear and wanted to cut weight.
Awesome thanks for the reply

14deerhunter

Mattt":33p0kksn said:
For just backpacking or gonna hunt out of it also? If hunting from it,kifaru,stone glacier,and exo are the best
It will just be for over night hiking

MOCON4TN

You can rent a pack from REI to try (FYI). Their equipment is pretty good. If you are near an REI shop there are many you can try and their staff will assist you. Packs are a personal choice. What works you me may not work for you.

My pack is made by Granite Gear. Great pack and excellent customer service.

Nsghunter

River sports I Knoxville TN also rents packs and gear, You might be interested in checking with your local outfitters to see if they offer rentals.