Backpack Sprayer

BSK

Don't know about the Rural King, but I like the one below because it is piston pump versus diaphragm pump and has adjustable PSI settings. A little more expensive, but also has a double filtration system, and can be used to spray just about anything.

bigjohn

2-Step Enabled
Don't know about the Rural King, but I like the one below because it is piston pump versus diaphragm pump and has adjustable PSI settings. A little more expensive, but also has a double filtration system, and can be used to spray just about anything.

I had a solo for 13 years and it was heavily used . Finally broke this year. I've ordered another

Thelonegoose

A pretty good cheap version can be found at Harbor Freight. I have one and it has done fine. I'm an occasional user….once or twice a year.
I have two of the harbor freight ones, and they are not bad. I have had mine for going on the third year with no issues.

Hduke86

Depending on how much you have to spray and how often would dictate what I would spend. Not much once a year, go harbor freight. If using more than just food plots like around the house and fence rows spend the money on a solo or stihl. If you really don't want to be pumping the handle at all and want a breeze of a job go battery powered. If you don't need a big tank sprayer and have a atv then the battery powered one is the ticket to ride and just point the wand.

Gravey

I clicked the link and it shows it's a diaphram pump not piston. I don't know the difference but maybe a typo?
D34AA1ED-83E4-46E3-B80B-352CA192162E.jpeg

DoubleRidge

I clicked the link and it shows it's a diaphram pump not piston. I don't know the difference but maybe a typo?
View attachment 137452

Researcing a new sprayer and I noticed the same thing....but there are two model's offered in the link...under "type" you have option to change models to a piston type.

Chapman

I believe the Solo was the original backpack sprayer. I've had a couple of the piston style, never had the diaphram model. I bought a Hudson brand real cheap a while back but it did not compare to the Solo. When you are carrying 4 gallons of liquid on your back, you need something that works properly.

SALTMAN

I have an electric ( believe it is northern tool, not going out in the shop to check in this weather )
battery shot after three seasons. Not sure how much the replacement will cost .
great while they are working !

Latest posts