Awfully Proud about .410

Rakkin6

Guys over at Foxtrot are awfully proud of their .410 shells. No way these things are worth this price. But I guess if people are buying them at that price why not. But this is a hard pass if I carried a .410.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221204-110312.png
    Screenshot_20221204-110312.png
    169.7 KB · Views: 140
  • Screenshot_20221204-110816.png
    Screenshot_20221204-110816.png
    149.8 KB · Views: 143

knightrider

Best 410 shell on the market, hand rolled one at a time. I personally shoot the apex ninjas in my 410 cause they do all i need them to for the least cost, but even at 10-14 a shell it would be the cheapest money i spend on turkey hunting! Guys kill me with all the thousands they spend on hunting but cheap out on what actually does the killing😂

@fulldraw

Best 410 shell on the market, hand rolled one at a time. I personally shoot the apex ninjas in my 410 cause they do all i need them to for the least cost, but even at 10-14 a shell it would be the cheapest money i spend on turkey hunting! Guys kill me with all the thousands they spend on hunting but cheap out on what actually does the killing😂
Cheap out? $10 box of shells been killing turkeys a lot longer than TSS. TSS just makes people want to shoot farther because they can't get that gobbler closer.

knightrider

Cheap out? $10 box of shells been killing turkeys a lot longer than TSS. TSS just makes people want to shoot farther because they can't get that gobbler closer.
😂 10 bucks a box or 100 a box if he aint under 40 we play another day! 12 gauge yes any ole turkey shell paired with a good choke will do all day long, what tss has done for the 410 28 and 20 is undeniable! Tss is not the culprit for people shooting to far, the same jackwagons that couldnt turkey hunt with lead still cant turkey hunt with tss! Its always the indians fault not the weapon

Rakkin6

I shoot TSS so I am not knocking it, but that's a ton of money for less than an ounce of shot. And trust me I am not cheap but if I can shoot a 2 3/4" 12 gauge or 20 gauge of TSS much cheaper why would I carry a .410? I always intend to keep my shots 40 and closer but hunting public land with lots of open fields I do like the fact if I misjudge I have some more wiggle room with TSS

@fulldraw

😂 10 bucks a box or 100 a box if he aint under 40 we play another day! 12 gauge yes any ole turkey shell paired with a good choke will do all day long, what tss has done for the 410 28 and 20 is undeniable! Tss is not the culprit for people shooting to far, the same jackwagons that couldnt turkey hunt with lead still cant turkey hunt with tss! Its always the indians fault not the weapon
Speak for yourself. I know several people that buy TSS specifically for field hunting because they can't call birds in. They shoot when they are 50-60 yds. So yep, TSS is directly the culprit for some and I'm betting a lot more than we realize.

knightrider

Speak for yourself. I know several people that buy TSS specifically for field hunting because they can't call birds in. They shoot when they are 50-60 yds. So yep, TSS is directly the culprit for some and I'm betting a lot more than we realize.
I do speak for myself i cant speak for the ones who cant turkey hunt! You either have it or you dont

mike52

If you challenge yourself to hunt with .410 bore you will NOT try to take the longest shot. I my self started hunting with a .410 bore 3 years ago just for the challenge of getting them closer, Yes I do use TSS 3in #9 and kill them stone dead at 30/ 40 yards. Will never shot an asskicking 12 gauge again, may sell my 870 Special Purpose 12 ga. Yes the TSS shells are expensive BUT I AM NOT DOVE SHOOTING. 1 shot to check pattern and Hopefully 2 shots to fill tags, cheaper than a day in the dove field.

Last edited:

Rakkin6

If you challenge yourself to hunt with .410 bore you will NOT try to take the longest shot. I my self started hunting with a .410 bore 3 years ago just for the challenge of getting them closer, Yes I do use TSS 3in #9 and kill them stone dead at 30/ 40 yards. Will never shot an asskicking 12 gauge again, may sell my 870 Special Purpose 12 ga. Yes the TSS shells are expensive BUT I AM NOT DOVE SHOOTING. 1 shot to check pattern and Hopefully 2 shots to fill tags, cheaper than a day in the dove field.
Oh I get you man, I run TSS also but not in .410 and I agree they are a game changer. I was just shocked at the price of them. Honestly I think it was the first time I looked at .410 TSS shells prices and didn't expect it. I have been using my 12 gauges the past couple years with TSS but bought a Stevens 301 20 gauge off a member here and will be using that this year along with my 12s. I am hunting two different states plus a WMA with bonus birds.