ATV CULTIPACKER

WDS

Hard to come by. We have an old.....and I mean OLD, cultipacker 7" .... It still works for us.

I go to several old farm sales, I'll keep you posted on what I can find.

muddyboots

I made a tandem several years back. Sometime this spring I'm gonna turn it into a wider single roll. I will have a few wheels left but not enough to make another or I'd make u one. I found one broke down a farmer gave me to move it. We built 4 atv Packers out of the wheels. Locate some wheels and u can build ur own or have it done pretty reasonable.

Southern Sportsman

muddyboots":2niclrnv said:
I made a tandem several years back. Sometime this spring I'm gonna turn it into a wider single roll. I will have a few wheels left but not enough to make another or I'd make u one. I found one broke down a farmer gave me to move it. We built 4 atv Packers out of the wheels. Locate some wheels and u can build ur own or have it done pretty reasonable.

There is a rusy old broken down packer that has been sitting in a field behind my grandad's house for the last two or three decades. You think it could be repurposed? I've never thought about it until I saw your post.

spoon

Southern Sportsman":1nztrgc7 said:
muddyboots":1nztrgc7 said:

There is a rusy old broken down packer that has been sitting in a field behind my grandad's house for the last two or three decades. You think it could be repurposed? I've never thought about it until I saw your post.

Had a friend give me the rollers that's been sitting for a time. Took It to Edwards in Savannah to build me a packer

hillbillyfab

I've been eyeing Cultipacker's for a lil while, auctions, estate sales, etc. They seem to fetch around a $100 a foot in my experiences. 6' wide packer = around $600 it seems. I like the pic posted in the other thread of the home built one from a plastic culvert. I passed one on a trailer on I40 the other day that was home brewed from an old 55 gallon drum and was behind a 4wheeler. Just an idea for anyone consider building their own. :tu:

muddyboots

Southern Sportsman":3coasre9 said:
muddyboots":3coasre9 said:

We took a torch and got all the wheels off. Then took all the metal to the scrap except what used to construct the frame. Wasn't that hard. Used 1 1/2 pipe for the axle.

RobbyW

I keep saying I am going to build one
5c3157a8a14e8cdb8975973b339035ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunter 257W

WDS":1gdqojpf said:
Hard to come by. We have an old.....and I mean OLD, cultipacker 7" .... It still works for us.

I go to several old farm sales, I'll keep you posted on what I can find.

Mine has a place to mount a seat which means it was built when mules were used rather than tractors. :shock: It's a 7 foot double row packer and does the job well. But if somebody has a welder and a way to cut soft steel, it wouldn't be hard to build something like RobbyW showed here. You mainly need a long cylinder to fill with concreter for your weight. A piece of pipe or other hollow tube to center in the concrete so you have an axle hole, then a simple frame and draw bar. Individual weights would let it turn corners easier but that shouldn't matter much since the roller can slip on the dirt as the end on the outside of the turn tries to turn faster than the inside. You might even get away with a stack of the cheap Orbatron plastic weight-lifting weights that are filled with concrete. They are always on sale in yard sales or thrift stores dirt cheap.

Boone 58

spoon":1d7t53qe said:
Southern Sportsman":1d7t53qe said:
muddyboots":1d7t53qe said:

Had a friend give me the rollers that's been sitting for a time. Took It to Edwards in Savannah to build me a packer

That looks like a dandy!!!

barkscraper

I took a 1/4 inch thick piece of pipe 48 inches long 13 inches dia. wrapped 1/2 inch rebar every 3 inches and welded every 4 inches filled with sand capped the ends made the roller part by sliding a pipe inside a pipe with a grease fitting then made my trailer arm with a ball hitch for around 200 dollars and its all my 420 honda wants to pull and it does a great job. I got tired trying to find a used one.-

Latest posts