At what age did you start deer hunting

foodplot

I was a late bloomer i guess... i didn't start deer hunting till age 24...I am the only hunter in my family...kinda picked it up on my own.....

Mudbone

I don't think I killed my first deer until 10 years old. That was when I was first allowed to carry a weapon on the hunts we would go on.
I used to go and sit with my dad when I was five or so.

TNCharlie

50. Actually I hunted deer for a couple of years before that but very little (hunted small game from about age 11). Killed my first deer at age 50 on the 50 acres that I bought that year. If my count is correct I have now killed 61. I guess my next goal will be to shoot may age. I'm 70 now, so I have some work to do as my age increases. :)

Andy S.

14 or so, hunted with a 12G slug gun at first. Few years later, once he saw I liked hunting a lot, my grandad bought me a Remington 700 ADL .270 from the local Kmart. I killed my last three bucks with that exact same rifle.

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
I was 10. Back when you could hunt around airports I killed my first deer at 10 on Rockwood airport. it was standing on the runway when I shot it nice 8pt I was using my dad's Remington 7600 270. I remember it like it was yesterday that been 26 years ago

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

SilverFox

My first deer was on my first hunt when I was 11. 90 pound doe. My cousin put me in a stand with a Browning BLR 308 and told me to shoot whatever I saw. I'd been rabbit, squirrel, coon, dove, duck and quail hunting as long as I can remember but my father and grandfather didn't deer hunt. My twin brother killed one with him later that year. The next year they turned us loose on my grandfather's 350 acre farm. We had no clue what we were doing but we killed a bunch of deer and a few nice bucks over the next couple years.

Latest posts