• Help Support TNDeer:

Asphalt Question

Malo1ke

The ice and snow last month took its toll on my asphalt driveway. There are some large areas I need to patch. The areas are really too big to buy the patch bags at Lowes. I’d like to buy whatever the road crew guys use to fix the highways with. But have no idea where or how to get it. Any ideas?

JCDEERMAN

You don't want the patch bagged stuff from Lowes or HD anyways. I spent a couple hours in the heat last summer hammering that stuff into the holes of our driveway. I thought "this stuff will never come out". Right now, I can't find an ounce of the stuff in those holes. All of it washed out :rolleyes:

Jcalder

Supporter
Vulcan has a plant nearby. Take a trailer and get some from them and go place it, tamp it down.
This is the best advice. I’d also see about renting a whacky packer for the tamping process. Doubt you’d justify a small roller, but if you need a roller, you probably need a paving crew

waynesworld

I have never brought from Vulcan or any place down here. I would suggest that you get it with a heavy oil mix. I remember working on the roads each state would use different oil mixes and the states that used the lowest mix the roads didn't last very long.

Monk74

Wilson Co. Watertown area.
Go up 4 mile hill to Vulcan or across the road to blue water asphalt plants by cedar forest. A dump truck will run roughly $1500. I’d get a skid steer and a couple young guys to help. Maybe rent a wacky packer.

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.