As the season comes to an end....

redblood

What comes next for you. we are chomping at the bit to start hitting the yote trail as soon as the deer hunters leave the woods. gonna kill a few limits of winter squirrels as well. what will yall be doing when the fat lady sings?

dh1984

Setting around looking at new guns LOL Well part of the time thats what i'll be doing.

What i'm planing on doing is clearing some more land so i can put in a food plot or two. Then i might take and build a few shooting houses so i can place them at the food plots. LOL

TheLBLman

A little small game hunting tied in with running my trail cams somewhat like an old trapper runs his trap line. :)

After a little of that, the focus will be more on scouting for next deer season's stand locations and looking for shed antlers.

Crosshairy

You guys use dogs to hunt rabbits, or just kick them up? I went after rabbits last year for the first time in a decade, and killed a nice swamper in a cypress bottom. I think I'm going to try it again tomorrow :)

Hunter 257W

Crows. I look forward to the end of deer season every year so I can relax a bit and call crows. Also going to be trimming my fruit trees to get them producing fruit as soon as possible(Two year old trees at this time.)

Coach

For me I'll probably do a little steelhead fishing on the Pere Marquette River and get the ice fishing gear out and do a little ice fishing. Always like to grill up some fresh fish in the winter on the deck. Probably use my Weber grill more in the winter than summer!

But, first I'm going to buy myself a new muzzleloader and scope!

Buzzard Breath

Predators, squirrels, fishing, refilling the fly box, and training for the Nashville St. Jude Marathon. I've never been more ready for deer season to end than this year. I hunted hard all through November and the first part of December. I'm burnt out now and I'm ready to chase something else. Just need the deer hunters to get out of the woods.

BSK

Analyzing the just concluded season's data and preparing for next year--where to put stands, habitat planning, etc.

After our January Illinois trip to finish the season, a little rabbit hunting, and scouting for next year.

Then a deck or three, crappie, white bass, LOTS OF BOWFISHING, and then turkeys!

Then 3-D, decks, and deer season again.

Crosshairy

Everyone,

Don't forget to add "fishing the Cumberland River Reservoir Tailraces before April" to your list of things to do.

This may be your last chance!

See the other posts on the TN Fishing and General Forum about the closure notice, if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Latest posts