Arkansas duck hunt.

Dbllunger

Dbllunger

Supporter
Last week I went to Arkansas for my yearly duck hunt with my old high school friends. We hunted Wednesday afternoon through Saturday morning. Most days there were either 5 or 6 of us hunting. We managed to kill just a little over a hundred ducks. We killed everything from Mallards to pintails to gadwalls to specklebelly geese. Even though there was a lot of ice the first couple of days we still managed to find ducks and get some pretty good shoots in.

Thankfully one of my best friends from high school is a farmer down there and he owns the land that we hunt on. It's always great to get together with old friends and front ducks and maybe drink a little whiskey as well. I'm already looking forward to next year.

7815cb57dc456187bd426b0bc62fc97b.jpg
3707d0b38ab7ef74e6e5566c8cd4d5ad.jpg
dd646a33aa28bb5752e8f6fc36f962de.jpg
d0c19ecaf05490afe2559e81e3f6afa7.jpg
67bde8d902ea82b495c64332414f8d02.jpg
5d0420aaa70bd1804d3ed7abdb04961f.jpg
e67098d585dbcb81e535f1e2e03045af.jpg
66371114041db6cc4e4370190c7d4537.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

rem270

rem270

Supporter
Looks like a great time. Where about in AR were you? Just seeing how close you were to me.

Dbllunger

Dbllunger

Supporter
rem270":a7xkojj0 said:
Looks like a great time. Where about in AR were you? Just seeing how close you were to me.
South East. All within about 10 miles from McGehee. In highschool and most of undergraduate I lived there. We duck hunted every chance we had back then.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Gravey

Gravey

Supporter
How many days did you hunt? Either way glad you had better luck than we did. We were in Jonesboro and didn’t kill a duck Friday, 13 Saturday, and 2 today. It was froze up bad Friday and Saturday. Another problem was the owners of Tobasco own a place behind one of the pits we were in and was told they don’t hunt much so the birds would fly there. We peeked over the levee and there were thousands, and I do mean thousands, of ducks in that field.

T

tickweed

Yeah it was tough this past week with the ice. I work for an outfitter some. I had a group from Pennsylvania Thursday through Sunday. We finally managed to break a hole out Thursday morning, and ended up taking 89 birds and three geese in three and a half days. We hunted near weldon. Glad y'all had a good hun also. better get them 7 days left

Dbllunger

Dbllunger

Supporter
Gravey":14atb9z8 said:
How many days did you hunt? Either way glad you had better luck than we did. We were in Jonesboro and didn’t kill a duck Friday, 13 Saturday, and 2 today. It was froze up bad Friday and Saturday. Another problem was the owners of Tobasco own a place behind one of the pits we were in and was told they don’t hunt much so the birds would fly there. We peeked over the levee and there were thousands, and I do mean thousands, of ducks in that field.

We hunted Wednesday afternoon, Thursday morning, Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. Ice and ducks really dictated when and where we went. Typically in years past we only hunted mornings and just hang out in the afternoons. I guess you could say we had 4 hunts.

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
Looks like an awesome time man, congrats.

DaveB

DaveB

Yep, it looks fantastic.

I wish I was a good enough gunner to hit them in flight.

Congratulations on a great hunt.

DaveB

DaveB

I was in a buried dempsey dumpster adjacent to the salton sea federal refuge. Canada's were flying by at 400 yards or more completely ignoring my decoy spread and my sexy female goose sounds. A big flock came by a mile up and I screamed at them to come down for great food and other stuff and TWO of them broke off and began to circle.

I checked my 1100 and the rig I had engineered so that I could drop a weight and it would flip the camo cover off the dumpster, I was the very coolest goose hunter. HERE THEY COME!!! oh no, they turned and flapped for altitude. Golly, disappointed. I grabbed my two calls and alternatively coo'ed to them and cussed them with as much wind as I could push through those calls.

And they turned and were on final....Wings cupped & Feet out for landing.....weight bangs the floor...top pops open...I stand, shoulder my Remmie, the lead goose is turning I lead him and pull that trigger and he fell door nail dead just like the videos!!!

Two Guys in the next Dempsey Dumpster clapped their hands while I collected my goose and one of them yelled GREAT CALLING.

I love goose hunting.

Dbllunger

Dbllunger

Supporter
DaveB":n9ydh8x0 said:
I was in a buried dempsey dumpster adjacent to the salton sea federal refuge. Canada's were flying by at 400 yards or more completely ignoring my decoy spread and my sexy female goose sounds. A big flock came by a mile up and I screamed at them to come down for great food and other stuff and TWO of them broke off and began to circle.

I checked my 1100 and the rig I had engineered so that I could drop a weight and it would flip the camo cover off the dumpster, I was the very coolest goose hunter. HERE THEY COME!!! oh no, they turned and flapped for altitude. Golly, disappointed. I grabbed my two calls and alternatively coo'ed to them and cussed them with as much wind as I could push through those calls.

And they turned and were on final....Wings cupped & Feet out for landing.....weight bangs the floor...top pops open...I stand, shoulder my Remmie, the lead goose is turning I lead him and pull that trigger and he fell door nail dead just like the videos!!!

Two Guys in the next Dempsey Dumpster clapped their hands while I collected my goose and one of them yelled GREAT CALLING.

I love goose hunting.

That sounds awesome. We saw a ton of geese and shot a few low fliers but werent really trying to hunt them. Here is a video of some we saw.

[youtube]z2ukNuOyAaw[/youtube]

edtcase

edtcase

[emoji1531]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk