Arabs shooting big gun. LOL

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
That still makes me giggle every time I see it.

Big Gun

Big Gun

They better hit me or I'll shoot back. ;)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

H

Hunter 257W

I don't understand their seemingly automatic response of dropping the rifle when it recoils? I have a 460 Weatherby and dropping it has never occurred to me during recoil. They obviously have zero experience with shooting.

infoman jr.

infoman jr.

Hunter 257W":iyc6xclc said:
I don't understand their seemingly automatic response of dropping the rifle when it recoils? I have a 460 Weatherby and dropping it has never occurred to me during recoil. They obviously have zero experience with shooting.
Have you ever shot a .577 Tyrannosaur?

The 577 contains a .585-inch (14.9 mm) diameter 750-grain (49 g) Monolithic Solid Projectile which when fired moves at 2,460 ft/s (750 m/s) producing 10,180 foot-pounds force (13,800 J) of muzzle energy.

H

Hunter 257W

No but I can tell you that a 460 Weatherby isn't a walk in the park either. I've shot a bunch of Hornady 500 grain loads and the old style Barnes 600 grains too and it'll slap your teeth together hard if you don't clamp your mouth shut tight before pulling the trigger. My arm gets numb before 20 shots. But I've never even considered dropping it like these guys do. :) Of course the fact that I did pay for it and what it would take to replace it might have something to do with that! They wholesale around $2,500 now. :mrgreen:

B

blondebear

infoman jr.":1cu2ypvl said:
Hunter 257W":1cu2ypvl said:
Have you ever shot a .577 Tyrannosaur?

The 577 contains a .585-inch (14.9 mm) diameter 750-grain (49 g) Monolithic Solid Projectile which when fired moves at 2,460 ft/s (750 m/s) producing 10,180 foot-pounds force (13,800 J) of muzzle energy.

me neither, but i have shot a .700 nitro. in these calibers as far as i know they are usually very heavy double barreled rifles which reduce felt recoil immensely. even at that i can't imagine what the .577 ty would feel like, but i would give it a go. always wanted a double rifle but for years cabelas didn't carry a caliber i wanted and i never asked for a special order. decided to plunk down the bucks a few years ago. made a special trip and went to their gun room. no doubles, i asked and was told they just didn't have the interest locally and they stopped carrying them. that saved a chunk of cash.

the worst kicking rifle i ever shot was just a .458 win mag. that thing was light as a feather with no scope. pull the trigger and it would just buck and twist. my guess it kicked maybe as much as 30- 50 % more than my bolt action .458 using the same handloads. loved those open sights though. throw that rifle to your shoulder and immediately your on target. be perfect for something that wants to take a bite out of your backside. we took some of those plastic kiddie balls that wally sells for a buck and used them for targets. threw them as far as possible up a hill and while it bounced around u could pop it every shot.

that video is a classic !

WTM

WTM

Supporter
lol most of them cant shoot artillery or tank rounds accurately either. spray and pray with an AK too.

Forvols

Forvols

Same issue would apply to most Americans now. I been rocked on my heels with 375 H&H, 338, 458 and 50cal..strongest kicker I got now is mid 80s light weight 06...but no I don't drop the rifle, and always figure follow up. Difference with arabs and most of Americans now and us who grew up with a shooting/hunting upbringing.