Anyone with solution to extra slick concrete driveway?

Chapman

I recently had my concrete driveway replaced due to town drainage work. It looks good but is very slippery. I slipped this morning and ended up flat on my back. Any suggestions? I have a call in to the guy that installed it.

Jcalder

Supporter
I’d be in contact with whoever installed it. If the water department had it done you might have to go thru them. Contractors may be different and if you signed a release there may not be much you can do. What I don’t understand is why it would be slick in a driveway this time of year. Sounds like it was installed incorrectly. Any pictures of it?

Chapman

I’d be in contact with whoever installed it. If the water department had it done you might have to go thru them. Contractors may be different and if you signed a release there may not be much you can do. What I don’t understand is why it would be slick in a driveway this time of year. Sounds like it was installed incorrectly. Any pictures of it?
It's fine to walk on when it's dry. When it's damp on top it gets slippery.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

Jcalder

Supporter
Know what you mean. Came into the basement with wet flip-flops. Almost sent down. Looked like Ozzie Albies sliding into home.
Flip flops should be illegal on a slip finish like a basement. I don’t know how my kids or wife ain’t busted their heads open sliding around.

WTM

Supporter
id call the installer and see what he thinks about fixing it. if you acid etch it may cause more problems with water getting into it deeper.

im no expert but looks like to me the proper way to fix it is with a textured acrylic concrete coating.

Jcalder

Supporter
Wrong concrete, they use the one with a lot of fiberglass in it.
Nothing can be done about it that I know of.
Please explain on the fiberglass and how it’s wrong.
Looks like a machine finish to me.
Agree. Look at the surface cracks in it. Dried out too fast would be my guess and they didn’t get a broom on it quick enough.

Latest posts