Anyone watch the commission meeting?

Grouseman

I disagree
The ONLY option is to do away with the tier bs make all the blinds 60 day draws and go back to the in person draw !!!!!!

If you can't do what it takes to prep and hunt a 60 day blind then MOVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

If duck hunting is that important to you it's not a big deal.
Just like if trout fishing was that important to me I would call calico rock Arkansas home

No other outcome is acceptable
So if the TWRA returned to an in person draw and rotated the location of the draw amongst the 3 grand divisions of the state (East, Middle, West) would you be ok with that? Would you drive to Johnson City every 3rd year for an in person drawing?

Cache

2-Step Enabled
So if the TWRA returned to an in person draw and rotated the location of the draw amongst the 3 grand divisions of the state (East, Middle, West) would you be ok with that? Would you drive to Johnson City every 3rd year for an in person drawing?
Really? I have no dog in this fight but if you want to hunt a WMA in west TN then you should have to drive to a in-person draw at said WMA.

Sometimes in life people have advantages and punishing them for living close to a WMA sounds like a bunch of Democrat BS.

drake799

I've missed the draw before because of having to work. I didn't petition them to change the date though!! Looking back guess I should have lol. Life happens. You either make it a priority in your life or you get left out. SIMPLE

Grouseman

Really? I have no dog in this fight but if you want to hunt a WMA in west TN then you should have to drive to a in-person draw at said WMA.

Sometimes in life people have advantages and punishing them for living close to a WMA sounds like a bunch of Democrat BS

I've missed the draw before because of having to work. I didn't petition them to change the date though!! Looking back guess I should have lol. Life happens. You either make it a priority in your life or you get left out. SIMPLE
Is it a big enough priority to drive to Johnson City (or Kingsport, or Knoxville, or Mt. City) every 3rd year for the drawing? You guys better start thinking of alternative solutions because it is never going back to the way it was. Just saying. SIMPLE.

Cache

2-Step Enabled
Question for those that know a lot more about this than I do…

How much more money does the state bring in with this new system vs. the old?

GUNNERX2

Question for those that know a lot more about this than I do…

How much more money does the state bring in with this new system vs. the old?

I would offer that all things being equal, they lost money. Not having to have a hunting license to enter the draw was a big revenue loss. How do you put a monetary value on lost goodwill?

Levee Jumper

Is it a big enough priority to drive to Johnson City (or Kingsport, or Knoxville, or Mt. City) every 3rd year for the drawing? You guys better start thinking of alternative solutions because it is never going back to the way it was. Just saying. SIMPLE.
No ducks over there to justify the driving. Similar to West Tennessee lol.

drake799

I've thought all along that they had to have lost money. If I remember correctly it use to cost 90-100 dollars to have the proper license to be able to draw Now it cost what 12-14 dollars per draw. Even if you applied for every draw available that's half what it use to cost Have applicants numbers increased enough to even equal what they use to be. I don't think so. All they've done is raise the number of applicants in certain wma draws It's not new hunters. It just the lazy butts from somewhere else that wouldn't drive under the old system.

Cache

2-Step Enabled
I've thought all along that they had to have lost money. If I remember correctly it use to cost 90-100 dollars to have the proper license to be able to draw Now it cost what 12-14 dollars per draw. Even if you applied for every draw available that's half what it use to cost Have applicants numbers increased enough to even equal what they use to be. I don't think so. All they've done is raise the number of applicants in certain wma draws It's not new hunters. It just the lazy butts from somewhere else that wouldn't drive under the old system.
I figured the same thing but wondered how much of that would be recouped in license sales by cycling different groups of hunters through every few days.

Take a 60 day blind. Same 5 hunters hunt it the whole season.
Chop that 60 day blind into a 3 day blind. Now you've got 20 different groups of 5 hunters coming through. You just multiplied license sales 20x on one blind.

Am I way off here?

GUNNERX2

I figured the same thing but wondered how much of that would be recouped inOn license sales by cycling different groups of hunters through every few days.

Chop that 60 day blind into a 3 day blind. Now you've got 20 different groups of 5 hunters coming through. You just multiplied license sales 20x on one blind.

Am I way off here?

On the face of things no you are not but it's not that simple. No way of telling those that got drawn for tier 2 blinds did or did not already have licenses prior to the draw. And if you consider that there weren't that many tier 2 blinds, it further reduces the money gained. The big lick to the balance sheet was the the draw for tier 1 blinds but again there is no way, I guess, to know how many put in that didn't have a valid TN license.

drake799

I figured the same thing but wondered how much of that would be recouped in license sales by cycling different groups of hunters through every few days.

Am I way off here?
Man possibly. There probably no way of ever finding out the actual numbers But I sure wouldn't trust anything the agency would tell us I figure a lot of people that were entered this year were just for the chance of drawing and accumulating points for future draws. If you look at the draws results for these 3 day hunts most are single applicants It just a scam show now. A group of 5 hunters may be entering 30 different non hunting people just to use for their benefit. If one the non hunters lucked up and drew they spring for a actual license for the blind drawer and go hunt. I dare say that's happened quite a bit already