Anyone try limb savers on thier crossbow ?

soshock1

I put the Limbsavers on my Strykezone 380. Can't really say that it was more quiet but it definitely had less vibration. I like the results.

TNGRIZZLY_

2-Step Enabled
I know on my Excalibur, they recommend a string stop called a S5 String Shock Sound Suppression System and something for the limbs. But they also say if it under 40 yards then they will never hear the string, who knows.

But for $7 you cant go wrong with trying them out, good luck and hunting.

wtbh236

I use them get them when they are on sale at Walmart I just picked up at set for 11 bucks if anything they will help with vibration and might save you splitting or cracking a limb

fishboy1

They WILL hear the string. Had 2 duck the string last year and thought "no way this thing is shooting like 39239483487732 fps! " Got on youtube and some guys have video of deer ducking the string shooting quieter and faster xbows than I am shooting. :(

Im still not sure what to do about it? Do I compensate and shoot extra low? Do I put a bunch of silencers on the xbow and hope it makes a difference?

Atchman2

In one year I had one duck the string and one jump the string on my compound bow! :p The one that jumped it actually landed on the arrow as it stuck in the tree right behind it. :D The next year with my Barnett crossbow I "skimmed" two as they ducked the string. The issue that is true of all of them is that they knew I was there. I don't think you can get a bow or crossbow fast enough for them not to move. What I do think you can do is do a better job being less obtrusive to the environment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbJg99W6XL8

Latest posts