Anyone that duck hunts

MickThompson

Hate to be that guy, but regardless of what your results show, they aren't valid and shouldn't be considered. Nobody verified that the people that filled it out are license holders/ potential duck hunters. It can be filled out more than once. I sent it to another device and was able to access it again- does my vote count twice because I have a phone and a computer? I'd imagine I'm not the first one to figure it out. West TN probably don't agree with my stance on the blinds. The distribution is not remotely randomized, just by word of mouth/contacts. Not to mention that some of the questions are rather leading.

TWRA contracts with UT (a disinterested 3rd party) to do their surveys because UT has professionals that do just that, and only that. UT doesn't care what the results are.

I'd wager that if the results of this survey mirror what UT found, that no one except the survey monkey will ever know.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Hate to be that guy, but regardless of what your results show, they aren't valid and shouldn't be considered. Nobody verified that the people that filled it out are license holders/ potential duck hunters. It can be filled out more than once. I sent it to another device and was able to access it again- does my vote count twice because I have a phone and a computer? I'd imagine I'm not the first one to figure it out. West TN probably don't agree with my stance on the blinds. The distribution is not remotely randomized, just by word of mouth/contacts. Not to mention that some of the questions are rather leading.

TWRA contracts with UT (a disinterested 3rd party) to do their surveys because UT has professionals that do just that, and only that. UT doesn't care what the results are.

I'd wager that if the results of this survey mirror what UT found, that no one except the survey monkey will ever know.
I see your point about being able to do it more than once but I disagree about the results being the same.
Don't really matter because the commission has already proven multiple times they are going to do what they want and they release information that ONLY benefits their stance AND computer draws ARE NOT ACCURATE AND DO NOT WORK!!!

MickThompson

I see your point about being able to do it more than once but I disagree about the results being the same.
Don't really matter because the commission has already proven multiple times they are going to do what they want and they release information that ONLY benefits their stance AND computer draws ARE NOT ACCURATE AND DO NOT WORK!!!

Don't mistake me for a Brandt fanboy, not for a minute. They have crapped the nest, multiple times, during this change.

Let's make believe for a minute that UT/TWRA interviewed every single person that duck hunts public lands in TN and found identical results... then what?

Should the commission act to change the way hunting opportunity is distributed to meet what the majority of duck hunters want even if that runs counter to what locals have enjoyed for years? This is the question at the core of this issue. Locality vs majority.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Don't mistake me for a Brandt fanboy, not for a minute. They have crapped the nest, multiple times, during this change.

Let's make believe for a minute that UT/TWRA interviewed every single person that duck hunts public lands in TN and found identical results... then what?

Should the commission act to change the way hunting opportunity is distributed to meet what the majority of duck hunters want even if that runs counter to what locals have enjoyed for years? This is the question at the core of this issue. Locality vs majority.
Let's give them a hole but not the top 5 spots at every freaking wma !!!

drake799

Who can verify that the dang surveys getting sent out by whoever can be trusted either. These surveys are sent electronic correct. You get someone who has made accounts for 10-20 people to enter the draws and has access to their twra account or email that is linked to the account He could fill out every survey sent to that whole bunch and no one would ever know!!! EXAMPLE. Say a couple big wigs on the board of the TFWC get drawn for a 60 day blind at Reelfoot. It's discovered that one of em's wife and daughter are sign ons along with Atleast 1 other person that lives in Wyoming I'm not saying any wrong doings were done. (But who reading this think the wife daughter and person living across the US are actually hunting this blind) These people will all receive a after season survey I would assume. I'm willing to bet someone else is in control of their accounts and will fill out the survey to their agenda. Besides being deceitful and despicable this is also tainting the survey process people are wanting to base TN duck hunting on. A better way needs to be thought of. Wouldn't everyone agree lol

West_Tn

UT's survey questions were extremely leading.

rsimms

A guy on facebook.
He created a page, "defenders of the in person draw" or something like that.
Thanks. All well and good but I assure you no surveys, petitions or social media posts will have much, if any, influence. Nothing works better than sitting down with a Commissioner and having a face-to-face conversation. Not going into details here, but I talked to a Commissioner this week and mentioned one particular aspect of new draw system that I questioned, or didn't like. He then explained the reason why they did what they did. I admittedly, saw the point. It made me look at the situation in a different light. Trust me... I still have questions and things I'm not crazy about. But a direct, rational conversation with the folks casting the votes is absolutely the best way to learn, and to share your specific concerns.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Thanks. All well and good but I assure you no surveys, petitions or social media posts will have much, if any, influence. Nothing works better than sitting down with a Commissioner and having a face-to-face conversation. Not going into details here, but I talked to a Commissioner this week and mentioned one particular aspect of new draw system that I questioned, or didn't like. He then explained the reason why they did what they did. I admittedly, saw the point. It made me look at the situation in a different light. Trust me... I still have questions and things I'm not crazy about. But a direct, rational conversation with the folks casting the votes is absolutely the best way to learn, and to share your specific concerns.
No doubt!
The only "bad" thing is the commissioners I have talked to via phone seem to already have their minds made up 😞

Latest posts